The Confederate States of Yannia is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Yann Hendric III with a fair hand, and notable for its compulsory military service, ubiquitous missile silos, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 23.815 billion Yannians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Policy, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Yannsborg. The income tax rate is 100%.
The large but stagnant Yannian economy, worth 504 trillion Stüvërs a year, is extremely specialized and mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 21,204 Stüvërs, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Yannia successfully hosted the The Heartland Olympics, all new "spies" are fifteen-year-old acne-ridden kids on computers, cars are banned from built-up areas, and new safety regulations require all cars manufactured in Yannia to be bombproof. Crime is totally unknown. Yannia's national animal is the Green Wyvern, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Drakonism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Yannia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Lowest Crime Rates.
- : Yannia's influence in The Heartland fell from "Enforcer" to "Dealmaker".
- : Yannia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Extensive Civil Rights (last census: Top 10%).
- : Yannia's influence in The Heartland rose from "Dealmaker" to "Enforcer".
- : Yannia fell out of the world Top 5% for Fastest-Growing Economies.
- : Yannia was reclassified from "Civil Rights Lovefest" to "Left-wing Utopia".
- : Following new legislation in Yannia, new safety regulations require all cars manufactured in Yannia to be bombproof.
- : Following new legislation in Yannia, cars are banned from built-up areas.
- : Following new legislation in Yannia, all new "spies" are fifteen-year-old acne-ridden kids on computers.
- : Following new legislation in Yannia, Yannia successfully hosted the The Heartland Olympics.