The Matriarchy of Yanginda is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Sappho with an even hand, and remarkable for its state-planned economy, punitive income tax rates, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic, humorless population of 9.491 billion Yangindans are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it prioritizes Education, with Welfare, Environment, and Healthcare also on the agenda. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Khairei. The average income tax rate is 99.2%.
The large but underdeveloped Yangindan economy, worth 618 trillion Réals a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is solely comprised of the Book Publishing industry. State-owned companies are the norm. Average income is 65,145 Réals, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Students are wary of colorfully decorated new teachers with names like Professor Pipsqueak, children are raised bilingual from an early age, students cut up leftover Réals during Arts and Crafts, and only toddlers and the elderly watch television before 23:00. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Yanginda's national animal is the Marten, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Yanginda was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- : Yanginda was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Least Corrupt Governments.
- : Yanginda was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Populations.
- : Yanginda was refounded in Osiris.
- : Yanginda ceased to exist.
- : Yanginda was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Pacifist (last census: Top 1%).
- : Yanginda was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Public Transport Department (last census: Top 5%).
- : Yanginda fell out of the world Top 5% for Best Weather.
- : Yanginda was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs (last census: Top 5%).
- : Yanginda fell out of the world Top 5% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.