“Amaro, libervad, Pwisan”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Diplomat
Location: Grand Central
The Kingdom of Yamela is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by King Alexander II with an even hand, and remarkable for its sprawling nuclear power plants. The compassionate population of 6.043 billion Yamelans are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Commerce. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Fralkan. The average income tax rate is 99%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
Badminton was recently banned due to 'unacceptable violence' inherent to the game, the nation's infamous boot camp is more brutal than most battlefields, organ donation rates are among the lowest in the region, and the nation is ravaged by daily union strikes. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Yamela's national animal is the Dog, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Cratianism, and its currency is the Mai.
Most Recent Government Activity: 18 days ago
- 18 days ago: Yamela altered its national flag.
- 18 days ago: Yamela relocated from Balder to Grand Central.
- 18 days ago: Yamela was refounded in Balder.
- 18 days ago: Yamela ceased to exist.
- 21 days ago: Yamela's influence in Grand Central rose from "Envoy" to "Diplomat".
- 31 days ago: Yamela was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Influential (last census: Top 10%).
- 45 days ago: Yamela was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Cultured (last census: Top 10%).
- 45 days ago: Yamela was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Cultured.
- 46 days ago: Following new legislation in Yamela, the nation is ravaged by daily union strikes.
- 46 days ago: Following new legislation in Yamela, organ donation rates are among the lowest in the region.