The Principality of Yakutat is a colossal, efficient nation, remarkable for its frequent executions, state-planned economy, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 8.565 billion Yakutatians are rabid consumers, partly through choice and partly because the government tells them to and dissenters tend to vanish from their homes at night.
The relatively small, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Spirituality, and Defense. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 12.2%.
The very strong Yakutatian economy, worth 528 trillion nugget a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, broadly diversified black market in Trout Farming, Gambling, Automobile Manufacturing, and Basket Weaving. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 61,686 nugget, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 205,314 per year while the poor average 13,810, a ratio of 14.9 to 1.
The government has adopted a more thrifty attitude to administrating the country's needs, Harry Potter books are banned, citizens drive tank-like vehicles with mounted machine guns, and corporations cut costs by taking away safety-features on their products. Crime is a problem. Yakutat's national animal is the eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 14 hours ago
- 13 days ago: Yakutat was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Influential.
- 24 days ago: Yakutat fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Corrupt Governments.
- 43 days ago: Yakutat was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Gambling Industry.
- 64 days ago: Yakutat was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Pizza Delivery Sector.
- 78 days ago: Yakutat was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Populations.
- 155 days ago: Yakutat's influence in Alaska rose from "Auxiliary" to "Negotiator".
- 168 days ago: Yakutat was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Corrupt Governments.
- 238 days ago: Yakutat's influence in Alaska rose from "Ambassador" to "Auxiliary".
- 274 days ago: Yakutat fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector.
- 286 days ago: Yakutat fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Extreme.