“America's Biggest City”
|Category: Compulsory Consumerist State|
Regional Influence: Envoy
The Principality of Yakutat is a massive, devout nation, notable for its strong anti-business politics. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 4.513 billion are rabid consumers, partly through choice and partly because the government tells them to and dissenters tend to vanish from their homes at night.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Religion & Spirituality, and Defence. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 19%. Private enterprise is illegal, but for those in the know there is a slick and highly efficient black market in Automobile Manufacturing.
The government has adopted a more thrifty attitude to administrating the country's needs, Harry Potter books are banned, citizens drive tank-like vehicles with mounted machine guns, and corporations cut costs by taking away safety-features on their products. Crime is a serious problem. Yakutat's national animal is the eagle, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the nuggets.
Most Recent Government Activity: 12 days ago
- 51 days ago: Yakutat fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector.
- 63 days ago: Yakutat relocated from Lazarus to Alaska.
- 63 days ago: Yakutat altered its national flag.
- 63 days ago: Yakutat was refounded.
- 85 days ago: Yakutat ceased to exist.
- 108 days ago: Yakutat was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector.
- 132 days ago: Yakutat fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Basket Weaving Sector.
- 136 days ago: Yakutat altered its national flag.
- 154 days ago: Yakutat was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Basket Weaving Sector.
- 154 days ago: Yakutat fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Basket Weaving Sector.