“America's Biggest City”
|Category: Compulsory Consumerist State|
Regional Influence: Envoy
The Principality of Yakutat is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, notable for its absence of drug laws. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 5.705 billion are rabid consumers, partly through choice and partly because the government tells them to and dissenters tend to vanish from their homes at night.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Religion & Spirituality, and Defence. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 19%. Private enterprise is illegal, but for those in the know there is a slick and highly efficient black market in Automobile Manufacturing.
The government has adopted a more thrifty attitude to administrating the country's needs, Harry Potter books are banned, citizens drive tank-like vehicles with mounted machine guns, and corporations cut costs by taking away safety-features on their products. Crime is a serious problem. Yakutat's national animal is the eagle, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the nuggets.
Most Recent Government Activity: 40 days ago
- 3 days ago: Yakutat's influence in Alaska fell from "Diplomat" to "Envoy".
- 26 days ago: Yakutat was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Fattest Citizens.
- 38 days ago: Yakutat's influence in Alaska rose from "Envoy" to "Diplomat".
- 39 days ago: Yakutat was struck by a Cure Missile from The People's Republic of Black Ops1, curing 1 million infected.
- 43 days ago: Yakutat fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Corrupt Governments.
- 59 days ago: Yakutat fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Authoritarian.
- 88 days ago: Yakutat fell out of the world Top 10% for Fattest Citizens.
- 88 days ago: Yakutat altered its national flag.
- 88 days ago: Yakutat relocated from Balder to Alaska.
- 88 days ago: Yakutat was refounded.