The Principality of Yakutat is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, notable for its frequent executions, state-planned economy, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 11.648 billion Yakutatians are rabid consumers, partly through choice and partly because the government tells them to and dissenters tend to vanish from their homes at night.
The relatively small, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Spirituality, and Defense. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 12.0%.
The very strong Yakutatian economy, worth 720 trillion nuggetss a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, broadly diversified black market in Gambling, Trout Farming, Automobile Manufacturing, and Pizza Delivery. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 61,836 nuggetss, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 205,813 per year while the poor average 13,843, a ratio of 14.9 to 1.
The government has adopted a more thrifty attitude to administrating the country's needs, Harry Potter books are banned, citizens drive tank-like vehicles with mounted machine guns, and corporations cut costs by taking away safety-features on their products. Crime is a problem. Yakutat's national animal is the eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Yakutat was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Fattest Citizens, Highest Crime Rates, and Highest Economic Output.
- : Yakutat was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Gambling Industry.
- : Yakutat was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Pizza Delivery Sector.
- : Yakutat was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Populations.
- : Yakutat was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Stationary.
- : Yakutat was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Stationary.
- : Yakutat was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Basket Weaving Sector, Largest Trout Fishing Sector, Largest Pizza Delivery Sector, and Highest Workforce Participation Rate and the Top 10% for Largest Gambling Industry.
- : Yakutat was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Influential.
- : Yakutat's influence in Alaska rose from "Contender" to "Instigator".
- : Yakutat's influence in Alaska fell from "Enforcer" to "Contender".