“If there ain't a buck in it, then pack it in.”
Regional Influence: Eminence Grise
Location: Capitalist Libertarian Freedom Region
The Democratic Republic of Xyanth is a gargantuan, economically powerful nation, ruled by J Noble Daggett with an even hand, and renowned for its anti-smoking policies. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 24.802 billion Xyanthians enjoy some of the most opulent lifestyles in the region, unless they are unemployed or working-class, in which case they are variously starving to death or crippled by easily preventable diseases.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded, corrupt, pro-business individuals juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defence, and Education. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Xyanth City. Income tax is unheard of. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Book Publishing, Arms Manufacturing, and Information Technology industries.
The nation leads Capitalist Libertarian Freedom Region in per capita stalking, travel bureaus double as recruiting centers for national intelligence agencies, cats are becoming popular in pet stores nationwide, and most academic research has ground to a halt. Crime is crippling. Xyanth's national animal is the cat, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the floggel.
Most Recent Government Activity: 9 hours ago
- 8 hours ago: Following new legislation in Xyanth, most academic research has ground to a halt.
- 1 day 8 hours ago: Xyanth fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Insurance Industry.
- 1 day 18 hours ago: Xyanth agreed to construct embassies between Capitalist Libertarian Freedom Region and Tobiasan.
- 3 days 10 hours ago: Xyanth lodged a message on the Capitalist Libertarian Freedom Region Regional Message Board.
- 3 days 10 hours ago: Xyanth banned The Republic of Thakkeria from Capitalist Libertarian Freedom Region.
- 4 days ago: Xyanth was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced (last census: Top 5%).
- 6 days ago: Xyanth lodged a message on the Capitalist Libertarian Freedom Region Regional Message Board.
- 6 days ago: Xyanth created a new poll in Capitalist Libertarian Freedom Region: "Should a law passed under a curtain of lies be enforced?".
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Xyanth, cats are becoming popular in pet stores nationwide.
- 7 days ago: Following new legislation in Xyanth, travel bureaus double as recruiting centers for national intelligence agencies.