The Commonwealth of Xuson is a massive, cultured nation, renowned for its museums and concert halls, rampant corporate plagiarism, and absence of drug laws. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 3.253 billion Xusonians live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
The medium-sized, liberal, outspoken government is dominated by the Department of Education, although Healthcare is also considered important, while Spirituality and Defense aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Velga. The average income tax rate is 26.3%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Xusonian economy, worth 326 trillion Monies a year, is fairly diversified and dominated by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Information Technology, and Gambling. Average income is an impressive 100,343 Monies, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.8 times as much as the poorest.
College students make ends meet by selling their kidneys, citizens are bombarded with advertising from their compulsory miniature radios, the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller, and students are known to arrive at school in their pyjamas. Crime is relatively low. Xuson's national animal is the Koala, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity: 19 days ago
- 6 hours ago: Xuson was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 1 day 6 hours ago: Xuson was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Rebellious Youth.
- 3 days 5 hours ago: Xuson was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- 6 days ago: Xuson was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Retail Industry.
- 10 days ago: Xuson was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Developed.
- 13 days ago: Xuson fell out of the world Top 5% for Most Influential.
- 17 days ago: Xuson was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Cultured.
- 19 days ago: Xuson was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments (last census: Top 10%).
- 19 days ago: Xuson was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Least Corrupt Governments.
- 19 days ago: Xuson was refounded in Lazarus.