The Queen's State of Xp is a massive, socially progressive nation, notable for its complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 3.924 billion Xpians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The minute, outspoken government, or what there is of one, prioritizes Industry, with Education also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Healthcare receive no funds. The average income tax rate is 7.1%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The strong Xpian economy, worth 147 trillion betales a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is quite specialized and led by the Beef-Based Agriculture industry, with major contributions from Gambling, Book Publishing, and Pizza Delivery. Average income is 37,649 betales, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.5 times as much as the poorest.
The tenet of free speech is held dear, high-income earners pay a 100% tax rate, voting is voluntary, and the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller. Crime is moderate, probably because of the absence of a police force. Xp's national animal is the deer, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Xp's influence in Bridgetown fell from "Dominator" to "Superpower".
- : Xp's influence in Bridgetown rose from "Superpower" to "Dominator".
- : Xp's influence in Bridgetown rose from "Power" to "Superpower".
- : Xp's influence in Bridgetown rose from "Zero" to "Power".
- : Xp relocated from Balder to Bridgetown.
- : Xp was refounded in Balder.
- : Xp ceased to exist.
- : Xp was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry.
- : Xp's influence in Brazzaville rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Xp's influence in Brazzaville rose from "Zero" to "Sprat".