“do not recruit me”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: Forever Silence
The Queen's State of Xp is a massive, socially progressive nation, remarkable for its complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 2.299 billion Xpians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded individuals juggles the competing demands of Commerce, Education, and Religion & Spirituality. The average income tax rate is 12%, but much higher for the wealthy. A healthy private sector is led by the Book Publishing industry, followed by Beef-Based Agriculture and Pizza Delivery.
The tenet of free speech is held dear, high-income earners pay a 100% tax rate, voting is voluntary, and the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller. Crime is a problem, and the police force struggles against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Xp's national animal is the deer, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the betale.
Most Recent Government Activity: 37 days ago
- 15 hours ago: Xp fell out of the regional Top 10% for Safest.
- 10 days ago: Xp was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Beautiful Environments.
- 30 days ago: Xp was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Income Equality.
- 32 days ago: Xp was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Average.
- 37 days ago: Xp was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Happiest Citizens.
- 37 days ago: Xp changed its national currency to "betale" and its nation type to "Queen's State".
- 39 days ago: Xp was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Least Corrupt Governments.
- 41 days ago: Xp was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Best Weather.
- 54 days ago: Xp was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- 55 days ago: Xp was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Publishing Industry.