“Once a hawk, always a hawk.”
|Category: Compulsory Consumerist State|
Regional Influence: Negotiator
Location: The Black Hawks
The Psycho Sergeant of Xlanar is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Connor Phillips with an iron fist, and renowned for its keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, hard-working, cynical population of 12.407 billion Xlanarians are rabid consumers, partly through choice and partly because the government tells them to and dissenters tend to vanish from their homes at night.
The medium-sized, corrupt, pro-business, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Byblos. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 20.8%.
The all-consuming Xlanarian economy, worth a remarkable 1,077 trillion Phoenics a year, is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Uranium Mining. Average income is 86,860 Phoenics, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 328,302 per year while the poor average 15,989, a ratio of 20.5 to 1.
Terrified tympanists are finding themselves on the front lines armed only with kettledrums, the automotive industry soaks up huge government handouts, citizens living in underground cities have developed a healthy green glow, and children listen incredulously when their grandparents explain what a "running river" is. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Xlanar's national animal is the Phoenix, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is The Great and Glorious Afro.
Xlanar is ranked 6th in The Black Hawks and 18,581st in the world for Most Beautiful Environments, with 194.35 Pounds of Wildlife less Pounds of Concrete per square mile.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 22 hours ago
- 3 hours ago: Xlanar was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Beautiful Environments.
- 1 day 3 hours ago: Xlanar fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Public Sector.
- 4 days ago: Xlanar was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Fastest-Growing Economies.
- 9 days ago: Xlanar was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- 10 days ago: Xlanar was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Publishing Industry.
- 11 days ago: Xlanar was ranked #1 in the region for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- 12 days ago: Xlanar was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Fattest Citizens.
- 12 days ago: Xlanar was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Fattest Citizens.
- 13 days ago: Xlanar was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Populations.
- 13 days ago: Xlanar's influence in The Black Hawks fell from "Contender" to "Negotiator".