The Psycho Sergeant of Xlanar is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by Connor Phillips with an iron fist, and renowned for its frequent executions, public floggings, and digital currency. The compassionate, hard-working, cynical population of 12.774 billion Xlanarians are rabid consumers, partly through choice and partly because the government tells them to and dissenters tend to vanish from their homes at night.
The medium-sized, corrupt, pro-business, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Byblos. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 18.7%.
The all-consuming Xlanarian economy, worth a remarkable 1,129 trillion Phoenics a year, is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Uranium Mining. Average income is 88,449 Phoenics, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 346,040 per year while the poor average 15,401, a ratio of 22.5 to 1.
The government is a law unto itself, the government struggles to keep up with the endless list of petrol disasters, chalkboards are replaced with billboards in the classroom, and governments opposing Xlanar are beset by rebels. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Xlanar's national animal is the Phoenix, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is The Great and Glorious Afro.
Xlanar is ranked 11th in The Black Hawks and 17,381st in the world for Lowest Unemployment Rates, scoring 185 on the Workforce Participation Versus Theoretical Maximum Metric.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 days 15 hours ago
- 9 hours ago: Xlanar was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Lowest Unemployment Rates (last census: Top 10%).
- 1 day 8 hours ago: Xlanar was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Nicest Citizens (last census: Top 10%).
- 5 days ago: Xlanar was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Mining Sector.
- 5 days ago: Xlanar was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Mining Sector.
- 9 days ago: Xlanar was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Influential (last census: Top 10%).
- 9 days ago: Xlanar was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Influential.
- 11 days ago: Xlanar was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Fastest-Growing Economies (last census: Top 10%).
- 12 days ago: Xlanar was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Best Weather (last census: Top 5%).
- 13 days ago: Xlanar fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Cultured.
- 14 days ago: Following new legislation in Xlanar, governments opposing Xlanar are beset by rebels.