The Psycho Sergeant of Xlanar is a gargantuan, orderly nation, ruled by Connor Phillips with an iron fist, and renowned for its frequent executions, national health service, and anti-smoking policies. The compassionate, hard-working, cynical population of 13.111 billion Xlanarians are rabid consumers, partly through choice and partly because the government tells them to and dissenters tend to vanish from their homes at night.
The medium-sized, corrupt, pro-business, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Byblos. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 18.7%.
The all-consuming Xlanarian economy, worth a remarkable 1,159 trillion Phoenics a year, is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Uranium Mining. Average income is 88,449 Phoenics, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 346,040 per year while the poor average 15,401, a ratio of 22.5 to 1.
The government is a law unto itself, the government struggles to keep up with the endless list of petrol disasters, chalkboards are replaced with billboards in the classroom, and governments opposing Xlanar are beset by rebels. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Xlanar's national animal is the Phoenix, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is The Great and Glorious Afro.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 days 9 hours ago
- 5 days ago: Xlanar was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Pro-Market.
- 5 days ago: Xlanar was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Pro-Market.
- 17 days ago: Xlanar was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Lowest Crime Rates.
- 17 days ago: Xlanar was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Lowest Crime Rates (last census: Top 5%).
- 19 days ago: Xlanar fell out of the regional Top 10% for Happiest Citizens.
- 21 days ago: Xlanar fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 27 days ago: Xlanar fell out of the world Top 10% for Safest.
- 27 days ago: Xlanar was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Safest (last census: Top 5%).
- 34 days ago: Xlanar was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides.
- 38 days ago: Xlanar fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Cultured.