The Psycho Sergeant of Xlanar is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by Connor Phillips with an iron fist, and remarkable for its anti-smoking policies, keen interest in outer space, and ubiquitous missile silos. The compassionate, hard-working, cynical, humorless, devout population of 15.708 billion Xlanarians are rabid consumers, partly through choice and partly because the government tells them to and dissenters tend to vanish from their homes at night.
The medium-sized, corrupt, pro-business, well-organized government prioritizes Defense, with Law & Order and Education also on the agenda, while Social Policy and Healthcare aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Byblos. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 10.6%.
The frighteningly efficient Xlanarian economy, worth a remarkable 1,600 trillion Phoenics a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Uranium Mining. Average income is an impressive 101,895 Phoenics, but there is an enormous disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 610,461 per year while the poor average 7,716, a ratio of 79.1 to 1.
Tourists flock to see the giant stone carvings of Xlanar's historical leaders at Mount Rushless, minefields are being deployed along the border to discourage potential emigrants from trying to leave, wounded veterans can only get prosthetics if they agree to become walking billboards for the arms industry, and concussed Phoenixball players cannot remember their lineup position. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Xlanar's national animal is the Phoenix, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is The Great and Glorious Afro.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Xlanar was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Mining Sector.
- : Xlanar was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Developed and Largest Information Technology Sector.
- : Xlanar was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced and Most Compassionate Citizens.
- : Xlanar voted for The Black Hawk of We Are Not TBH in Round 3 of the election.
- : Xlanar's influence in The Black Hawks rose from "Auxiliary" to "Negotiator".
- : Xlanar was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Lowest Crime Rates and Most Compassionate Citizens.
- : Xlanar was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Stationary.
- : Xlanar was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Stationary and Largest Mining Sector and the Top 10% for Lowest Overall Tax Burden.
- : Following new legislation in Xlanar, concussed Phoenixball players cannot remember their lineup position.
- : Following new legislation in Xlanar, wounded veterans can only get prosthetics if they agree to become walking billboards for the arms industry.