“What Cannot Be Avoided Must Be Endured”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Truckler
The Kingdom of Xileus is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by Deicida with an even hand, and notable for its punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic population of 2.373 billion Xilians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Environment, Education, and Social Policy. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Infinitas Cor. The average income tax rate is 94.6%.
The sizeable but stagnant Xilian economy, worth 14.7 trillion Xiles a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is solely comprised of the Information Technology industry. Average income is 6,174 Xiles, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.1 times as much as the poorest.
Businesses that prove successful are immediately broken up, postmen have been arrested in job lots for selling junk mail as home insulation, the government has cut taxes in the face of widespread tax evasion, and the art of conversation has been rediscovered. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Xileus's national animal is the Angelicus Vulpes, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity: 12 days ago
- 12 days ago: Xileus was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "Democratic Socialists".
- 12 days ago: Following new legislation in Xileus, the art of conversation has been rediscovered.
- 12 days ago: Following new legislation in Xileus, the government has cut taxes in the face of widespread tax evasion.
- 12 days ago: Following new legislation in Xileus, postmen have been arrested in job lots for selling junk mail as home insulation.
- 12 days ago: Following new legislation in Xileus, businesses that prove successful are immediately broken up.
- 12 days ago: Following new legislation in Xileus, it is illegal to make racist remarks in public.
- 22 days ago: Xileus was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Pacifist (last census: Top 10%).
- 24 days ago: Xileus's influence in Emeraldise rose from "Vassal" to "Truckler".
- 32 days ago: Xileus lodged a message on the Emeraldise Regional Message Board.
- 37 days ago: Xileus was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Public Transport Department.
Endorsements Received: None.