“What Cannot Be Avoided Must Be Endured”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Kingdom of Xileus is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Deicida with a fair hand, and remarkable for its anti-smoking policies. The compassionate, intelligent population of 1.622 billion Xilians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of the Environment, Education, and Social Equality. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Infinitas Cor. The average income tax rate is 89%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
The government seeks peaceful forum with terrorists, the people elect the Supreme Court justices directly, heavy industry must go to expensive lengths to dispose of waste, and the insurance industry is outlawed. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Xileus's national animal is the Angelicus Vulpes, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Xile.
Most Recent Government Activity: 5 days ago
- 3 days 2 hours ago: Xileus was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Best Weather (last census: Top 10%).
- 4 days ago: Xileus was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Xileus, the insurance industry is outlawed.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Xileus, heavy industry must go to expensive lengths to dispose of waste.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Xileus, the people elect the Supreme Court justices directly.
- 5 days ago: Xileus was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- 9 days ago: Following new legislation in Xileus, the government seeks peaceful forum with terrorists.
- 9 days ago: Following new legislation in Xileus, citizens simply have to point a weapon at a government official to get what they want.
- 9 days ago: Following new legislation in Xileus, the "Underwear of Women in Power" issue of The Infinitas Cor Times is sold out.
- 9 days ago: Following new legislation in Xileus, police officers spend more time on calisthenics than actually catching criminals.
Endorsements Received: None.