The Empire of Xerithian Empire is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by Emperor Matthew Starprancer III with an even hand, and remarkable for its national health service, sprawling nuclear power plants, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, democratic population of 4.9 billion Xerithian Empireans enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded morass — prioritizes Education, although Healthcare, Defense, and Social Policy are also considered important, while Spirituality is ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Philos. The average income tax rate is 93.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but stagnant Xerithian Empirean economy, worth 34.9 trillion Zreks a year, is extremely specialized and mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 7,115 Zreks, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Untold millions of Zreks are going into a new government-funded maternity leave scheme, droves of former desperados are applying to join the border police, strict term limits have been applied to all elected offices, and religious organizations are being forced to leave the country or pay income taxes like everybody else. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Xerithian Empire's national animal is the Unicorn, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Xerithian Empire was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- : Xerithian Empire was endorsed by The Republic of Linaviar.
- : Xerithian Empire was endorsed by The United Union of SECP.
- : Xerithian Empire was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- : Xerithian Empire was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- : Xerithian Empire was endorsed by The Dominion of The Kingdoms of Jhaugher.
- : Xerithian Empire was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Least Corrupt Governments.
- : Following new legislation in Xerithian Empire, religious organizations are being forced to leave the country or pay income taxes like everybody else.
- : Xerithian Empire changed its national leader to "Emperor Matthew Starprancer III".
- : Xerithian Empire was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Populations.