The Empire of Xerithian Empire is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by Emperor Matthew Starprancer III with an even hand, and notable for its prohibition of alcohol, smutty television, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic population of 5.156 billion Xerithian Empireans are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded morass — prioritizes Education, although Healthcare, Defense, and Social Policy are also considered important, while Spirituality receives no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Philos. The average income tax rate is 93.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but stagnant Xerithian Empirean economy, worth 36.9 trillion Zreks a year, is extremely specialized and mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 7,158 Zreks, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Politicians are often found scavenging bins at night to supplement their income, any citizen who cries is immediately assigned a psychiatrist, only vaccinated citizens may have free healthcare, and school uniforms are compulsory. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Xerithian Empire's national animal is the Unicorn, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Xerithian Empire was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Most Godforsaken.
- : Following new legislation in Xerithian Empire, school uniforms are compulsory.
- : Following new legislation in Xerithian Empire, only vaccinated citizens may have free healthcare.
- : Xerithian Empire was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Income Equality.
- : Xerithian Empire was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Income Equality.
- : Xerithian Empire was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- : Xerithian Empire fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Rebellious Youth.
- : Xerithian Empire was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Longest Average Lifespans.
- : Xerithian Empire was reclassified from "Scandinavian Liberal Paradise" to "Democratic Socialists".
- : Following new legislation in Xerithian Empire, any citizen who cries is immediately assigned a psychiatrist.