The Empire of Xerithian Empire is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by Emperor Matthew Starprancer III with an even hand, and remarkable for its smutty television, ubiquitous missile silos, and hatred of cheese. The compassionate, democratic population of 5.507 billion Xerithian Empireans are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded morass — prioritizes Education, with Healthcare, Defense, and Social Policy also on the agenda, while Spirituality receives no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Philos. The average income tax rate is 93.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but underdeveloped Xerithian Empirean economy, worth 261 trillion Zreks a year, is extremely specialized and mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 47,444 Zreks, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Any citizen who cries is immediately assigned a psychiatrist, only vaccinated citizens may have free healthcare, school uniforms are compulsory, and condemned prisoners spend hours a day sitting in lotus position looking perplexed. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Xerithian Empire's national animal is the Unicorn, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Xerithian Empire's influence in Osiris rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Xerithian Empire's influence in Osiris rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Xerithian Empire's influence in Osiris rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Xerithian Empire's influence in Osiris rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Xerithian Empire was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Healthiest Citizens, Smartest Citizens, and Least Corrupt Governments and the Top 10% for Most Cultured and Nicest Citizens.
- : Xerithian Empire was refounded in Osiris.
- : Xerithian Empire ceased to exist.
- : Xerithian Empire fell out of the world Top 5% for Most Influential.
- : Xerithian Empire was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Smartest Citizens.
- : Xerithian Empire was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Publishing Industry (last census: Top 5%).