The Federated Democratic States of Xanthal is a gargantuan, efficient nation, remarkable for its public floggings, sprawling nuclear power plants, and keen interest in outer space. The democratic, cheerful population of 25.63 billion Xanthalians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Policy, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Olink. The average income tax rate is 68.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Xanthalian economy, worth a remarkable 3,562 trillion quinaults a year, is quite specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology and Beef-Based Agriculture. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 139,014 quinaults, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
Unstable couples are known to break up over which one gets parental leave, people unhook their phones at night to escape a never-ending barrage of phone calls, rioting during the nation's hosting of ORDER caused one million quinaults of property damage, and noises louder than a whisper have been prohibited by law. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Xanthal's national animal is the fox, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Xanthal fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Pacifist.
- : Xanthal voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "World Space Administration"".
- : Xanthal fell out of the world Top 10% for Fastest-Growing Economies.
- : Xanthal fell out of the regional Top 10% for Longest Average Lifespans.
- : Xanthal was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Beautiful Environments (last census: Top 10%).
- : Xanthal fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Public Sector.
- : Xanthal was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- : Xanthal was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Inclusive.
- : Xanthal was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Inclusive.
- : Xanthal's influence in Grand Alliance rose from "Handshaker" to "Duckspeaker".
Endorsements Received: None.