The Federated Democratic States of Xanthal is a gargantuan, cultured nation, remarkable for its strictly enforced bedtime, sprawling nuclear power plants, and complete absence of social welfare. The democratic, cheerful population of 26.774 billion Xanthalians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Policy, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Olink. The average income tax rate is 70.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Xanthalian economy, worth a remarkable 3,740 trillion quinaults a year, is quite specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology and Beef-Based Agriculture. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 139,713 quinaults, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.5 times as much as the poorest.
Unstable couples are known to break up over which one gets parental leave, people unhook their phones at night to escape a never-ending barrage of phone calls, rioting during the nation's hosting of ORDER caused one million quinaults of property damage, and noises louder than a whisper have been prohibited by law. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Xanthal's national animal is the fox, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Xanthal was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Pacifist.
- : Xanthal fell out of the world Top 10% for Fastest-Growing Economies.
- : Xanthal was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Politically Free.
- : Xanthal's influence in Grand Alliance rose from "Ambassador" to "Auxiliary".
- : Xanthal was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Xanthal was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Xanthal endorsed The Ancient Kingdom of Teritora.
- : Xanthal's influence in Grand Alliance rose from "Diplomat" to "Ambassador".
- : Xanthal was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Fastest-Growing Economies.
- : Xanthal fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Pacifist.
Endorsements Received: 1 » Teritora.