The Federated Democratic States of Xanthal is a gargantuan, safe nation, notable for its anti-smoking policies, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and daily referendums. The democratic, cheerful population of 25.421 billion Xanthalians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Policy, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Olink. The average income tax rate is 68.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Xanthalian economy, worth a remarkable 3,528 trillion quinaults a year, is quite specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology and Beef-Based Agriculture. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 138,803 quinaults, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
Unstable couples are known to break up over which one gets parental leave, people unhook their phones at night to escape a never-ending barrage of phone calls, rioting during the nation's hosting of ORDER caused one million quinaults of property damage, and noises louder than a whisper have been prohibited by law. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Xanthal's national animal is the fox, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity: 4 hours ago
- 5 days ago: Xanthal was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- 6 days ago: Xanthal was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Inclusive.
- 6 days ago: Xanthal was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Inclusive.
- 12 days ago: Xanthal's influence in Grand Alliance rose from "Handshaker" to "Duckspeaker".
- 43 days ago: Xanthal was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Pacifist (last census: Top 10%).
- 43 days ago: Xanthal was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Pacifist.
- 51 days ago: Xanthal was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare.
- 55 days ago: Xanthal was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Happiest Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- 63 days ago: Xanthal fell out of the world Top 10% for Safest.
- 76 days ago: Xanthal was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Longest Average Lifespans.
Endorsements Received: None.