The Federated Democratic States of Xanthal is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, remarkable for its frequent executions, complete lack of prisons, and punitive income tax rates. The democratic, cheerful population of 25.217 billion Xanthalians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Policy, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Olink. The average income tax rate is 68.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Xanthalian economy, worth a remarkable 3,503 trillion quinaults a year, is quite specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology and Beef-Based Agriculture. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 138,921 quinaults, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.8 times as much as the poorest.
Unstable couples are known to break up over which one gets parental leave, people unhook their phones at night to escape a never-ending barrage of phone calls, rioting during the nation's hosting of ORDER caused one million quinaults of property damage, and noises louder than a whisper have been prohibited by law. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Xanthal's national animal is the fox, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 hours ago
- 11 days ago: Xanthal was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Pacifist (last census: Top 10%).
- 11 days ago: Xanthal was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Pacifist.
- 19 days ago: Xanthal was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare.
- 23 days ago: Xanthal was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Happiest Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- 31 days ago: Xanthal fell out of the world Top 10% for Safest.
- 44 days ago: Xanthal was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Longest Average Lifespans.
- 52 days ago: Xanthal was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Public Sector.
- 55 days ago: Xanthal was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Best Weather.
- 58 days ago: Xanthal fell out of the world Top 5% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 58 days ago: Xanthal fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
Endorsements Received: None.