“Unity Through Respect”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Superpower
The Federated Democratic States of Xanthal is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, notable for its complete lack of prisons. Its intelligent population of 20.822 billion have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Equality, and the Environment. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Olink. The average income tax rate is 78%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
The XBI Channel Tunnel project is plagued by delays, all major public areas are watched by police surveillance cameras, private business has started paving paradises and putting up parking lots, and political parties are banned from advertising and receiving private donations. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Xanthal's national animal is the fox, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the quinault.
Most Recent Government Activity: 24 minutes ago
- 2 days 10 hours ago: Xanthal lodged a message on the SPACE Regional Message Board.
- 7 days ago: Xanthal was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Smartest Citizens (last census: Top 10%).
- 19 days ago: Xanthal was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Happiest Citizens (last census: Top 10%).
- 23 days ago: Xanthal was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare.
- 26 days ago: Xanthal fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Agricultural Sector.
- 28 days ago: Xanthal was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Pacifist (last census: Top 10%).
- 28 days ago: Xanthal was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Pacifist (last census: Top 5%).
- 33 days ago: Xanthal was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 34 days ago: Xanthal was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- 40 days ago: Xanthal lodged a message on the SPACE Regional Message Board.