The Grand Thedosian Alliance of Xanixi is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Chancellor Leonardo Reichmann with an even hand, and renowned for its anti-smoking policies, sprawling nuclear power plants, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, democratic population of 8.52 billion Thedosians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Industry, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Val Royeaux. The average income tax rate is 89.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Thedosian economy, worth a remarkable 1,083 trillion Alliance sovereigns a year, is quite specialized and dominated by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Automobile Manufacturing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 127,174 Alliance sovereigns, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The government spends more on chasing distant comets than on basic infrastructure, the nation's coasts have been left unprotected while the entire navy sits in Brasilistani waters, the might of the nation's air force has been deployed against people with sticks in boats, and expensive show trials reveal the harshness of the nation's justice system. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Xanixi's national animal is the Thedosian leopard, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is the Chant of Light.
Most Recent Government Activity: 5 hours ago
- 15 hours ago: Xanixi was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Public Sector.
- 1 day 4 hours ago: Xanixi's influence in Talo Balka fell from "Diplomat" to "Envoy".
- 1 day 15 hours ago: Xanixi was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Lowest Unemployment Rates (last census: Top 10%).
- 4 days ago: Xanixi was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Best Weather.
- 5 days ago: Xanixi was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry (last census: Top 5%).
- 5 days ago: Xanixi was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Publishing Industry (last census: Top 10%).
- 7 days ago: Xanixi lodged a message on the Talo Balka Regional Message Board.
- 8 days ago: Xanixi was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Inclusive.
- 8 days ago: Following new legislation in Xanixi, expensive show trials reveal the harshness of the nation's justice system.
- 9 days ago: Xanixi's influence in Talo Balka fell from "Ambassador" to "Diplomat".