The Holy Thedosian Empire of Xanixi is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by His Imperial Majesty Emperor Florencio with an even hand, and renowned for its sprawling nuclear power plants, daily referendums, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 8.129 billion Thedosians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Industry, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Arlathan. The average income tax rate is 88.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Imperial economy, worth a remarkable 1,029 trillion Imperial credits a year, is quite specialized and dominated by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Automobile Manufacturing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 126,600 Imperial credits, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
People reciting Shakespeare have become a common sight, Xanixi has been recently classified as an international menace after 'liberating' several nearby territories, surrealist houses shaped like mushrooms and volcanoes dominate the wealthiest neighborhoods, and glittering new sports stadiums adorn every city and town. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Xanixi's national animal is the lynx, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is the Chant of Light.
Most Recent Government Activity: 5 days ago
- 23 hours ago: Xanixi was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Safest.
- 3 days 12 hours ago: Xanixi's influence in New Talos rose from "Dealmaker" to "Enforcer".
- 6 days ago: Xanixi's influence in New Talos fell from "Enforcer" to "Dealmaker".
- 13 days ago: Xanixi was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Longest Average Lifespans.
- 21 days ago: Xanixi was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Public Sector.
- 22 days ago: Xanixi was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Cultured (last census: Top 10%).
- 25 days ago: Xanixi was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Welfare Programs.
- 27 days ago: Xanixi was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations (last census: Top 10%).
- 27 days ago: Xanixi was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 28 days ago: Xanixi was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Rebellious Youth.