“Die eine hand wäscht die andere.”
|Category: Compulsory Consumerist State|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: the Rejected Realms
The Imperial Principality of Wysteria is a massive, economically powerful nation, ruled by Nathaniel Mor with an iron fist, and remarkable for its unlimited-speed roads. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 4.723 billion Wysterians are rabid consumers, partly through choice and partly because the government tells them to and dissenters tend to vanish from their homes at night.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded individuals devotes most of its attentions to Law & Order, with areas such as Education and Public Transport receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Vendonia. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 1%. A robust private sector is led by the Tourism industry, followed by Gambling and Beef-Based Agriculture.
Teams of painters are converting road signs from horse lengths to kilometers, retirement homes are often fitted with luxurious suites, the government has cut taxes in the face of widespread tax evasion, and cremation is compulsory for the deceased. Crime is a problem. Wysteria's national animal is the Boar, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Judaism, and its currency is the Karan.
Most Recent Government Activity: 10 days ago
- 20 hours ago: Wysteria was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Lowest Overall Tax Burden.
- 4 days ago: Wysteria was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector.
- 8 days ago: Wysteria relocated from Pelononia to The Rejected Realms.
- 8 days ago: Wysteria was ejected from Pelononia by The Dictatorship of Tomainia.
- 30 days ago: Wysteria was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector.
- 61 days ago: Wysteria was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Populations.
- 71 days ago: Wysteria was ranked #1 in the region for Largest Gambling Industry.
- 79 days ago: Wysteria was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Rudest Citizens.
- 88 days ago: Wysteria was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides.
- 91 days ago: Wysteria was ranked #1 in the region for Largest Information Technology Sector.