“Die eine hand wäscht die andere.”
|Category: Compulsory Consumerist State|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Imperial Principality of Wysteria is a massive, economically powerful nation, ruled by Nathaniel Mor with an iron fist, and remarkable for its parental licensing program. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 4.13 billion are rabid consumers, partly through choice and partly because the government tells them to and dissenters tend to vanish from their homes at night.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded individuals devotes most of its attentions to Law & Order, with areas such as Education and Public Transport receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Vendonia. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 1%. A robust private sector is led by the Tourism industry, followed by Gambling and Beef-Based Agriculture.
Teams of painters are converting road signs from horse lengths to kilometers, retirement homes are often fitted with luxurious suites, the government has cut taxes in the face of widespread tax evasion, and cremation is compulsory for the deceased. Crime is a problem. Wysteria's national animal is the Boar, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Judaism, and its currency is the Karan.
Most Recent Government Activity: 9 days ago
- 6 hours ago: Wysteria was ranked #1 in the region for Largest Agricultural Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- 19 days ago: Wysteria lost ฿ 1.000 ByteCoin from the exchange in The People's Republic of Aglrinia due to hackers.
- 49 days ago: Wysteria was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Pizza Delivery Sector.
- 52 days ago: Wysteria was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Cheese Export Sector.
- 58 days ago: Wysteria was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Lowest Unemployment Rates.
- 61 days ago: Wysteria was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Furniture Restoration Industry.
- 64 days ago: Wysteria was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Publishing Industry.
- 67 days ago: Wysteria was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Agricultural Sector.
- 68 days ago: Wysteria was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Lowest Overall Tax Burden.
- 70 days ago: Wysteria was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Fattest Citizens.