“Let us hold hands with our mother, our Queen”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Hegemony
The Queendom of Wyare is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Queen Lydia Cuthbertson Shelley with an even hand, and remarkable for its sprawling nuclear power plants. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 3.125 billion are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Defence. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Fleurette. The average income tax rate is 99%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
The nation's infamous boot camp is more brutal than most battlefields, most citizens in Wyare are abject pyrophobes after extremely graphic pamphlets were mailed nationwide by the government, elections have become procedural nightmares due to voters persistently rejecting candidates, and a large-scale revitalization of the education system is underway. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Wyare's national animal is the Snowy Owl, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Religion, and its currency is the Qun.
Most Recent Government Activity: 15 hours ago
- 15 hours ago: Wyare voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Cultural Heritage Protection"".
- 3 days 19 hours ago: Wyare published the Factbook "political compass".
- 11 days ago: Wyare voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Condemn Macedon"".
- 11 days ago: Wyare voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Internet Net Neutrality Act"".
- 15 days ago: Wyare voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Deep Space".
- 15 days ago: Wyare voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Chemical Weapons Accord".
- 19 days ago: Wyare was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Best Weather (last census: Top 10%).
- 19 days ago: Wyare voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Bears Armed".
- 19 days ago: Wyare voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Protection of Outer Space Act"".
- 24 days ago: Wyare voted against the World Assembly Resolution "International Arms Trading".
Endorsements Received: None.