The Queendom of Wyare is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by Queen Lydia Cuthbertson Shelley with an even hand, and remarkable for its sprawling nuclear power plants, keen interest in outer space, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 8.057 billion Wyareians are prohibited from doing almost everything except voting, which they do timidly and conservatively.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Fleurette. The average income tax rate is 97.7%.
The large but stagnant Wyareian economy, worth 225 trillion Quns a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is mostly comprised of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 27,953 Quns, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Breast milk is being redistributed from each according to their ability to each according to their need, drills and shovels have been banned as the government cracks down on any means of fracking, guns are banned, and Members of Parliament operate under a PAYE scheme. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Wyare's national animal is the Snowy Owl, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Religion.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Wyare was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- : Wyare was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Inclusive.
- : Wyare's influence in Osiris rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Wyare's influence in Osiris rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Wyare's influence in Osiris rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Wyare's influence in Osiris rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Wyare was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Safest and the Top 5% for Most Income Equality, Most Beautiful Environments, Lowest Crime Rates, and Longest Average Lifespans.
- : Wyare was refounded in Osiris.
- : Wyare ceased to exist.
- : Wyare was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Cultured (last census: Top 5%).