“Let us hold hands with our mother, our Queen”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Queendom of Wyare is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Queen Lydia Cuthbertson Shelley with an even hand, and remarkable for its devotion to social welfare. The compassionate population of 5.369 billion Wyareians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Defence. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Fleurette. The average income tax rate is 99%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Discarded pennies litter the streets, birth rates have hit an all-time low, Red Cross demand for body bags is rising while sutures go unused, and artists are pillars of society. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Wyare's national animal is the Snowy Owl, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, its national religion is Religion, and its currency is the Qun.
Most Recent Government Activity: 17 days ago
- 12 days ago: Wyare was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Public Sector.
- 18 days ago: Following new legislation in Wyare, artists are pillars of society.
- 18 days ago: Wyare was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Smartest Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- 18 days ago: Following new legislation in Wyare, Red Cross demand for body bags is rising while sutures go unused.
- 18 days ago: Following new legislation in Wyare, birth rates have hit an all-time low.
- 23 days ago: Wyare was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Highest Police Ratios.
- 28 days ago: Following new legislation in Wyare, discarded pennies litter the streets.
- 28 days ago: Wyare was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Nicest Citizens.
- 32 days ago: Wyare published "Wyare information 2" (Factbook: Miscellaneous).
- 32 days ago: Wyare published "WW1 and WW2" (Factbook: History).