The Libertarian Socialist Tao of Wu Wei Shan is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by the people with a fair hand, and remarkable for its ban on automobiles, smutty television, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 6.094 billion Wu Wei Shanians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded, outspoken morass — prioritizes Education, with Social Policy, Environment, and Welfare also on the agenda, while Defense and Law & Order receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of All-Under-Heaven. The average income tax rate is 99.3%.
The sizeable but stagnant Wu Wei Shanian economy, worth 60.9 trillion Labor Hours a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is solely comprised of the Book Publishing industry. Average income is 9,992 Labor Hours, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Houses and businesses are bulldozed to make way for ever-expanding cemeteries, leather-clad individuals can be seen walking their slaves in public parks, the poor are often seen pale and dizzy after selling their blood to make ends meet, and CEOs can't hear the term 'Fire Sale' without bursting into tears. Crime is totally unknown. Wu Wei Shan's national animal is the Jade Dragon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Taoism.
Most Recent Government Activity: 42 days ago
- 17 days ago: Wu Wei Shan was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Best Weather (last census: Top 1%).
- 20 days ago: Wu Wei Shan fell out of the world Top 1% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 23 days ago: Wu Wei Shan's influence in Taoism fell from "Duckspeaker" to "Handshaker".
- 24 days ago: Wu Wei Shan's influence in Taoism rose from "Handshaker" to "Duckspeaker".
- 31 days ago: Wu Wei Shan was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Highest Average Tax Rates (last census: Top 5%).
- 38 days ago: Wu Wei Shan's influence in Taoism rose from "Truckler" to "Handshaker".
- 41 days ago: Wu Wei Shan's influence in Taoism rose from "Vassal" to "Truckler".
- 45 days ago: Wu Wei Shan was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry.
- 46 days ago: Wu Wei Shan was reclassified from "Liberal Democratic Socialists" to "Left-wing Utopia".
- 54 days ago: Wu Wei Shan was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
Endorsements Received: None.