“In non-doing, nothing remains undone.”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Contender
The Libertarian Socialist Tao of Wu Wei Shan is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by the people with a fair hand, and remarkable for its restrictive gun laws. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 5.072 billion hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it is mainly concerned with Education, although Social Equality and the Environment are secondary priorities. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of All-Under-Heaven. The average income tax rate is 100%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Houses and businesses are bulldozed to make way for ever-expanding cemeteries, leather-clad individuals can be seen walking their slaves in public parks, the poor are often seen pale and dizzy after selling their blood to make ends meet, and CEOs can't hear the term 'Fire Sale' without bursting into tears. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is pervasive, and the police force struggles against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Wu Wei Shan's national animal is the Jade Dragon, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Taoism, and its currency is the Labor Hour.
Most Recent Government Activity: 41 days ago
- 14 days ago: Wu Wei Shan's influence in Taoism fell from "Instigator" to "Contender".
- 15 days ago: Wu Wei Shan was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- 36 days ago: Wu Wei Shan's influence in Taoism rose from "Contender" to "Instigator".
- 39 days ago: Wu Wei Shan's influence in Taoism rose from "Negotiator" to "Contender".
- 65 days ago: Wu Wei Shan's influence in Taoism rose from "Auxiliary" to "Negotiator".
- 66 days ago: Wu Wei Shan's influence in Taoism rose from "Ambassador" to "Auxiliary".
- 68 days ago: Wu Wei Shan's influence in Taoism rose from "Diplomat" to "Ambassador".
- 69 days ago: Wu Wei Shan's influence in Taoism rose from "Envoy" to "Diplomat".
- 70 days ago: Wu Wei Shan altered its national flag.
- 88 days ago: Wu Wei Shan's influence in Taoism rose from "Duckspeaker" to "Envoy".