The Libertarian Socialist Tao of Wu Wei Shan is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by the people with a fair hand, and notable for its frequent executions, compulsory vegetarianism, and hatred of cheese. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 5.783 billion Wu Wei Shanians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded, outspoken morass — prioritizes Education, with Social Policy, Environment, and Welfare also on the agenda, while Defense and Law & Order aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of All-Under-Heaven. The income tax rate is 100.0%.
The sizeable but stagnant Wu Wei Shanian economy, worth 57.7 trillion Labor Hours a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is solely comprised of the Book Publishing industry. Average income is 9,978 Labor Hours, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Houses and businesses are bulldozed to make way for ever-expanding cemeteries, leather-clad individuals can be seen walking their slaves in public parks, the poor are often seen pale and dizzy after selling their blood to make ends meet, and CEOs can't hear the term 'Fire Sale' without bursting into tears. Crime is totally unknown. Wu Wei Shan's national animal is the Jade Dragon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Taoism.
Most Recent Government Activity: 36 days ago
- 4 days ago: Wu Wei Shan was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- 12 days ago: Wu Wei Shan was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Godforsaken (last census: Top 5%).
- 20 days ago: Wu Wei Shan was reclassified from "Civil Rights Lovefest" to "New York Times Democracy".
- 31 days ago: Wu Wei Shan's influence in Taoism rose from "Minnow" to "Vassal".
- 36 days ago: Wu Wei Shan voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Westwind".
- 36 days ago: Wu Wei Shan voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Disabled Voters Act".
- 36 days ago: Wu Wei Shan was admitted to the World Assembly.
- 36 days ago: Wu Wei Shan applied to join the World Assembly.
- 36 days ago: Wu Wei Shan altered its national flag.
- 36 days ago: Wu Wei Shan relocated from Lazarus to Taoism.
Endorsements Received: None.