“In non-doing, nothing remains undone.”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Libertarian Socialist Tao of Wu Wei Shan is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by the people with a fair hand, and remarkable for its punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic population of 5.579 billion Wu Wei Shanians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, outspoken morass — prioritizes Education, although Social Policy, Environment, and Welfare are also considered important, while Defense and Law & Order are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of All-Under-Heaven. The average income tax rate is 99.2%.
The sizeable but stagnant Wu Wei Shanian economy, worth 55.7 trillion Labor Hours a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is solely comprised of the Book Publishing industry. Average income is 9,985 Labor Hours, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Houses and businesses are bulldozed to make way for ever-expanding cemeteries, leather-clad individuals can be seen walking their slaves in public parks, the poor are often seen pale and dizzy after selling their blood to make ends meet, and CEOs can't hear the term 'Fire Sale' without bursting into tears. Crime is totally unknown. Wu Wei Shan's national animal is the Jade Dragon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Taoism.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 days 12 hours ago
- 3 days 12 hours ago: Wu Wei Shan voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Westwind".
- 3 days 12 hours ago: Wu Wei Shan voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Disabled Voters Act".
- 3 days 12 hours ago: Wu Wei Shan was admitted to the World Assembly.
- 3 days 12 hours ago: Wu Wei Shan applied to join the World Assembly.
- 3 days 12 hours ago: Wu Wei Shan altered its national flag.
- 3 days 13 hours ago: Wu Wei Shan relocated from Lazarus to Taoism.
- 3 days 13 hours ago: Wu Wei Shan was refounded in Lazarus.
- 145 days ago: Wu Wei Shan ceased to exist.
- 163 days ago: Wu Wei Shan's influence in Taoism fell from "Handshaker" to "Truckler".
- 198 days ago: Wu Wei Shan's influence in Taoism rose from "Truckler" to "Handshaker".
Endorsements Received: None.