The Libertarian Socialist Tao of Wu Wei Shan is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by the people with a fair hand, and renowned for its public floggings, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 5.949 billion Wu Wei Shanians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded, outspoken morass — prioritizes Education, although Social Policy, Environment, and Welfare are also considered important, while Defense and Law & Order aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of All-Under-Heaven. The average income tax rate is 99.6%.
The sizeable but stagnant Wu Wei Shanian economy, worth 59.4 trillion Labor Hours a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is solely comprised of the Book Publishing industry. Average income is 9,988 Labor Hours, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Houses and businesses are bulldozed to make way for ever-expanding cemeteries, leather-clad individuals can be seen walking their slaves in public parks, the poor are often seen pale and dizzy after selling their blood to make ends meet, and CEOs can't hear the term 'Fire Sale' without bursting into tears. Crime is totally unknown. Wu Wei Shan's national animal is the Jade Dragon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Taoism.
Most Recent Government Activity: 18 days ago
- 7 days ago: Wu Wei Shan was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Highest Average Tax Rates (last census: Top 5%).
- 14 days ago: Wu Wei Shan's influence in Taoism rose from "Truckler" to "Handshaker".
- 17 days ago: Wu Wei Shan's influence in Taoism rose from "Vassal" to "Truckler".
- 20 days ago: Wu Wei Shan was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry.
- 22 days ago: Wu Wei Shan was reclassified from "Liberal Democratic Socialists" to "Left-wing Utopia".
- 30 days ago: Wu Wei Shan was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- 38 days ago: Wu Wei Shan was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Godforsaken (last census: Top 5%).
- 46 days ago: Wu Wei Shan was reclassified from "Civil Rights Lovefest" to "New York Times Democracy".
- 57 days ago: Wu Wei Shan's influence in Taoism rose from "Minnow" to "Vassal".
- 62 days ago: Wu Wei Shan voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Westwind".
Endorsements Received: None.