The United States of World Powers is a massive, genial nation, remarkable for its ban on automobiles, compulsory gun ownership, and devotion to social welfare. The hard-working, devout population of 3.798 billion World Powersians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Spirituality. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New York. The average income tax rate is 79.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong World Powersian economy, worth 247 trillion Dollars a year, is quite specialized and led by the Beef-Based Agriculture industry, with major contributions from Uranium Mining, Trout Farming, and Woodchip Exports. Average income is 65,255 Dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.6 times as much as the poorest.
International tensions are high as World Powers threatens any government with the audacity to arrest its citizens, droves of former desperados are applying to join the border police, councils up and down the country wrangle over legal matters, and the nation is ravaged by daily union strikes. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. World Powers's national animal is the Horse, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : World Powers's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : World Powers's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : World Powers relocated from Lazarus to The Rejected Realms.
- : World Powers was refounded in Lazarus.
- : World Powers ceased to exist.
- : World Powers was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Highest Drug Use.
- : World Powers was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Armed.
- : World Powers was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Trout Fishing Sector.
- : World Powers was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Devout.
- : World Powers was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Armed (last census: Top 5%).