“United We Stand”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: the Rejected Realms
The United States of World Powers is a massive, genial nation, remarkable for its devotion to social welfare. Its compassionate, hard-working population of 2.84 billion have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Religion & Spirituality. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New York. The average income tax rate is 68%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Uranium Mining industry, followed by Beef-Based Agriculture and Woodchip Exports.
International tensions are high as World Powers threatens any government with the audacity to arrest its citizens, droves of former desperados are applying to join the border police, councils up and down the country wrangle over legal matters, and the nation is ravaged by daily union strikes. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. World Powers's national animal is the Horse, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the Dollar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 47 days ago
- 33 days ago: World Powers was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Armed.
- 48 days ago: World Powers relocated from Balder to The Rejected Realms.
- 48 days ago: World Powers changed its national currency to "Dollar", its motto to "United We Stand", its nation type to "United States", and its capital to "New York".
- 48 days ago: World Powers altered its national flag.
- 48 days ago: World Powers was refounded in Balder.
- 60 days ago: World Powers ceased to exist.
- 119 days ago: World Powers was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Armed.
- 120 days ago: World Powers was refounded.
- 161 days ago: World Powers ceased to exist.
- 162 days ago: World Powers was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Armed (last census: Top 5%).