The Gridiron-Loving State of World Bowl is a colossal, socially progressive nation, remarkable for its compulsory military service, absence of drug laws, and spontaneously combusting cars. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 8.776 billion Football Fans enjoy some of the most opulent lifestyles in the region, unless they are unemployed or working-class, in which case they are variously starving to death or crippled by easily preventable diseases.
The tiny, pro-business government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Law & Order, and Defense. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 7.6%.
The powerhouse Football Lover economy, worth 429 trillion sacks a year, is led by the Retail industry, with major contributions from Uranium Mining, Woodchip Exports, and Basket Weaving. Average income is 48,918 sacks, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 474,298 per year while the poor average 243, a ratio of 1,948 to 1.
Voting is compulsory, the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller, World Bowl's children are widely acknowledged as the most foul-mouthed in the region, and the automotive industry soaks up huge government handouts. Crime is a serious problem. World Bowl's national animal is the fan, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : World Bowl voted for The United Federation of Eura in Round 3 of the election.
- : World Bowl's influence in Lazarus rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : World Bowl voted for The United Federation of Eura in Round 2 of the election.
- : World Bowl voted for The United Federation of Eura in Round 1 of the election.
- : World Bowl's influence in Lazarus rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : World Bowl altered its national flag.
- : World Bowl's influence in Lazarus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : World Bowl's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : World Bowl was refounded in Lazarus.
- : World Bowl ceased to exist.