The Gridiron-Loving State of World Bowl is a colossal, socially progressive nation, renowned for its compulsory military service, absence of drug laws, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 7.019 billion Football Fans enjoy some of the most opulent lifestyles in the region, unless they are unemployed or working-class, in which case they are variously starving to death or crippled by easily preventable diseases.
The tiny, pro-business government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Law & Order, and Defense. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 7.1%.
The powerhouse Football Lover economy, worth 340 trillion sacks a year, is led by the Retail industry, with major contributions from Uranium Mining, Woodchip Exports, and Basket Weaving. Average income is 48,545 sacks, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 470,684 per year while the poor average 241, a ratio of 1,948 to 1.
Voting is compulsory, the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller, World Bowl's children are widely acknowledged as the most foul-mouthed in the region, and the automotive industry soaks up huge government handouts. Crime is a serious problem. World Bowl's national animal is the fan, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities.
World Bowl is ranked 44th in Atlantian Oceania and 37,230th in the world for Lowest Unemployment Rates, scoring 102 on the Workforce Participation Versus Theoretical Maximum Metric.
Most Recent Government Activity: 47 days ago
- 25 days ago: World Bowl was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides (last census: Top 1%).
- 25 days ago: World Bowl was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides.
- 42 days ago: World Bowl was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Pro-Market.
- 45 days ago: World Bowl was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Armed.
- 66 days ago: World Bowl was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Primitive (last census: Top 5%).
- 66 days ago: World Bowl relocated from Pony Lands to Atlantian Oceania.
- 71 days ago: World Bowl changed its national demonym to "Football Fan", its demonym adjective to "Football Lover", and its motto to "First-and-Goal on the Five".
- 84 days ago: World Bowl was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Fattest Citizens.
- 97 days ago: World Bowl fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Retail Industry.
- 117 days ago: World Bowl was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Stupidest Citizens.