The Gridiron-Loving State of World Bowl is a colossal, socially progressive nation, notable for its compulsory military service, absence of drug laws, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 6.789 billion Football Fans enjoy some of the most opulent lifestyles in the region, unless they are unemployed or working-class, in which case they are variously starving to death or crippled by easily preventable diseases.
The tiny, pro-business government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Law & Order, and Defense. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 7.1%.
The powerhouse Football Lover economy, worth 329 trillion sacks a year, is led by the Retail industry, with major contributions from Uranium Mining, Woodchip Exports, and Basket Weaving. Average income is 48,545 sacks, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 470,684 per year while the poor average 241, a ratio of 1,948 to 1.
Voting is compulsory, the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller, World Bowl's children are widely acknowledged as the most foul-mouthed in the region, and the automotive industry soaks up huge government handouts. Crime is a serious problem. World Bowl's national animal is the fan, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity: 8 days ago
- 3 days 18 hours ago: World Bowl was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Pro-Market.
- 6 days ago: World Bowl was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Armed.
- 27 days ago: World Bowl was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Primitive (last census: Top 5%).
- 27 days ago: World Bowl relocated from Pony Lands to Atlantian Oceania.
- 32 days ago: World Bowl changed its national demonym to "Football Fan", its demonym adjective to "Football Lover", and its motto to "First-and-Goal on the Five".
- 45 days ago: World Bowl was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Fattest Citizens.
- 58 days ago: World Bowl fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Retail Industry.
- 78 days ago: World Bowl was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Stupidest Citizens.
- 78 days ago: World Bowl was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Stupidest Citizens.
- 120 days ago: World Bowl fell out of the regional Top 10% for Stupidest Citizens.