The Gridiron-Loving State of World Bowl is a colossal, efficient nation, renowned for its compulsory military service, absence of drug laws, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 7.21 billion Football Fans enjoy some of the most opulent lifestyles in the region, unless they are unemployed or working-class, in which case they are variously starving to death or crippled by easily preventable diseases.
The tiny, pro-business government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Law & Order, and Defense. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 7.1%.
The powerhouse Football Lover economy, worth 350 trillion sacks a year, is led by the Retail industry, with major contributions from Uranium Mining, Woodchip Exports, and Basket Weaving. Average income is 48,545 sacks, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 470,684 per year while the poor average 241, a ratio of 1,948 to 1.
Voting is compulsory, the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller, World Bowl's children are widely acknowledged as the most foul-mouthed in the region, and the automotive industry soaks up huge government handouts. Crime is a serious problem. World Bowl's national animal is the fan, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : World Bowl's influence in NS Sports rose from "Handshaker" to "Duckspeaker".
- : World Bowl's influence in NS Sports rose from "Truckler" to "Handshaker".
- : World Bowl's influence in NS Sports rose from "Vassal" to "Truckler".
- : World Bowl's influence in NS Sports rose from "Minnow" to "Vassal".
- : World Bowl altered its national flag.
- : World Bowl relocated from Osiris to NS Sports.
- : World Bowl was refounded in Osiris.
- : World Bowl ceased to exist.
- : World Bowl was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides (last census: Top 1%).
- : World Bowl was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides.