“First and goal on the five.”
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Republic of World Bowl is a massive, socially progressive nation, notable for its compulsory military service. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 3.61 billion enjoy some of the most opulent lifestyles in the region, unless they are unemployed or working-class, in which case they are variously starving to death or crippled by easily preventable diseases.
The tiny, pro-business government juggles the competing demands of Commerce, Law & Order, and Defence. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 7%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Uranium Mining, Retail, and Woodchip Exports industries.
Voting is compulsory, the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller, World Bowl's children are widely acknowledged as the most foul-mouthed in the region, and the automotive industry soaks up huge government handouts. Crime is pervasive. World Bowl's national animal is the fan, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the sack.
Most Recent Government Activity: 11 hours ago
- 32 days ago: World Bowl was ranked #1 in the region for Most Pro-Market.
- 43 days ago: World Bowl relocated from Atlantian Oceania to Rushmore.
- 44 days ago: World Bowl was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Pro-Market (last census: Top 5%).
- 44 days ago: World Bowl was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Pro-Market (last census: #1).
- 86 days ago: World Bowl was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides (last census: Top 5%).
- 86 days ago: World Bowl was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides (last census: #1).
- 117 days ago: World Bowl relocated from Osiris to Atlantian Oceania.
- 130 days ago: World Bowl altered its national flag.
- 130 days ago: World Bowl was refounded.
- 186 days ago: World Bowl ceased to exist.