The Gridiron-Loving State of World Bowl is a colossal, efficient nation, renowned for its compulsory military service, absence of drug laws, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 7.89 billion Football Fans enjoy some of the most opulent lifestyles in the region, unless they are unemployed or working-class, in which case they are variously starving to death or crippled by easily preventable diseases.
The tiny, pro-business government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Law & Order, and Defense. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 7.1%.
The powerhouse Football Lover economy, worth 383 trillion sacks a year, is led by the Retail industry, with major contributions from Uranium Mining, Woodchip Exports, and Basket Weaving. Average income is 48,545 sacks, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 470,684 per year while the poor average 241, a ratio of 1,948 to 1.
Voting is compulsory, the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller, World Bowl's children are widely acknowledged as the most foul-mouthed in the region, and the automotive industry soaks up huge government handouts. Crime is a serious problem. World Bowl's national animal is the fan, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : World Bowl's influence in NS Sports rose from "Powerbroker" to "Power".
- : The Archives of NS Sports History appointed World Bowl as Secretary of Gridiron with authority over Appearance, Border Control, Communications, Embassies, and Polls in NS Sports.
- : World Bowl's influence in NS Sports rose from "Enforcer" to "Powerbroker".
- : World Bowl was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides (last census: Top 5%).
- : World Bowl's influence in NS Sports rose from "Dealmaker" to "Enforcer".
- : World Bowl's influence in NS Sports rose from "Contender" to "Dealmaker".
- : World Bowl's influence in NS Sports rose from "Negotiator" to "Contender".
- : World Bowl's influence in NS Sports rose from "Auxiliary" to "Negotiator".
- : World Bowl's influence in NS Sports rose from "Ambassador" to "Auxiliary".
- : World Bowl's influence in NS Sports rose from "Diplomat" to "Ambassador".