“Ad Salutem Populi”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: New Republica
The Federal Republic of Woolwark is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Prime Minister Carl S Tupper -Con- with an even hand, and remarkable for its ban on automobiles. The compassionate, intelligent population of 6.255 billion Woolwarkiars have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Commerce, Education, and Social Equality. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Aristalia City. The average income tax rate is 87%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Information Technology industry.
Police officers ride the swiftest White-tailed Deer, Woolwark successfully hosted the New Republica Olympics, all-natural foods are becoming a major fad, and long arduous trials are held for the most trivial of offences. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Woolwark's national animal is the White-tailed Deer, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is None, and its currency is the Denarius.
Most Recent Government Activity: 6 hours ago
- 6 hours ago: Woolwark voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Convention on Fracking".
- 10 hours ago: Woolwark was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Longest Average Lifespans.
- 21 hours ago: Woolwark lodged a message on the New Republica Regional Message Board.
- 22 hours ago: Following new legislation in Woolwark, long arduous trials are held for the most trivial of offences.
- 1 day 10 hours ago: Woolwark was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Best Weather.
- 1 day 18 hours ago: Woolwark published "2014 Second Federal Budget" (Factbook: Legislation).
- 1 day 18 hours ago: Woolwark published "Federal Armed Forces - Project "New Dawn"" (Factbook: Military).
- 2 days 10 hours ago: Following new legislation in Woolwark, all-natural foods are becoming a major fad.
- 2 days 19 hours ago: Woolwark lodged a message on the New Republica Regional Message Board.
- 2 days 19 hours ago: Woolwark voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend McMasterdonia".
Endorsements Received: None.