“Ad Salutem Populi”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: New Republica
The Federal Republic of Woolwark is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by President William H Barbour -SD- with a fair hand, and remarkable for its sprawling nuclear power plants. The compassionate, intelligent population of 6.812 billion Woolwarkians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Commerce, Education, and Social Equality. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Aristalia City. The average income tax rate is 90%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Information Technology industry.
Much of Woolwark's computer network is controlled by a rampant artificial intelligence, companies struggle to cover for the hordes of employees on parental leave, citizens recently voted in favour of declaring bubblewrap an 'abomination of nature', and citizens are remarkably well involved in the political process. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Woolwark's national animal is the Aquila Heliaca, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is None, and its currency is the Denarius.
Most Recent Government Activity: 8 hours ago
- 13 hours ago: Following new legislation in Woolwark, citizens are remarkably well involved in the political process.
- 13 hours ago: Woolwark lodged a message on the New Republica Regional Message Board.
- 1 day ago: Woolwark fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Populations.
- 1 day 13 hours ago: Woolwark changed its national leader to "President William H Barbour -SD-".
- 1 day 13 hours ago: Woolwark published "Election Results and New Cabinet - October/2014" (Factbook: Legislation).
- 1 day 17 hours ago: Woolwark lodged a message on the New Republica Regional Message Board.
- 2 days 13 hours ago: Following new legislation in Woolwark, citizens recently voted in favour of declaring bubblewrap an 'abomination of nature'.
- 2 days 13 hours ago: Woolwark was endorsed by The Federal Union of The Anean Tribes.
- 2 days 21 hours ago: Woolwark lodged a message on the New Republica Regional Message Board.
- 3 days ago: Woolwark was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Subsidized Industry.