“Ad Salutem Populi”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: New Republica
The Federal Republic of Woolwark is a colossal, economically powerful nation, ruled by Prime Minister Carl S Tupper -Con- with an even hand, and renowned for its keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, intelligent population of 6.283 billion Woolwarkiars have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Commerce, Education, and Social Equality. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Aristalia City. The average income tax rate is 87%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Information Technology industry.
Children as young as six shock their parents by coming out of the closet, the nation's Medal of Honour can be found as a free toy in breakfast cereal, minor parties are virtually absent in Parliament, and birth rates have hit an all-time low. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Woolwark's national animal is the White-tailed Deer, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is None, and its currency is the Denarius.
Most Recent Government Activity: 11 hours ago
- 13 hours ago: Following new legislation in Woolwark, birth rates have hit an all-time low.
- 1 day 13 hours ago: Following new legislation in Woolwark, minor parties are virtually absent in Parliament.
- 1 day 15 hours ago: Woolwark voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Sciongrad".
- 2 days 13 hours ago: Following new legislation in Woolwark, the nation's Medal of Honour can be found as a free toy in breakfast cereal.
- 2 days 17 hours ago: Woolwark published "Constitutional Reform Bill" (Factbook: Legislation).
- 3 days ago: Woolwark was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments (last census: Top 5%).
- 3 days 1 hour ago: Woolwark was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Least Corrupt Governments.
- 3 days 13 hours ago: Following new legislation in Woolwark, children as young as six shock their parents by coming out of the closet.
- 3 days 21 hours ago: Woolwark voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Convention on Fracking".
- 4 days ago: Woolwark was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Longest Average Lifespans.
Endorsements Received: None.