“To Dream the Impossible Dream”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Hegemony
The Forest Realm of Wolfhawk is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by GLJordan with a fair hand, and notable for its keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, intelligent population of 22.89 billion Wolfhawkians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, the Environment, and Social Welfare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Curiosity City. The average income tax rate is 100%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
The police have reaffirmed their tough stance on drugs, vitriolic divorce proceedings have become prime-time television, foreign 'investors' have been taking a great interest in the new secret shuttle, and children are sent to either religious or secular schools. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Wolfhawk's national animal is the ferret, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Silver Empress, and its currency is the lantern.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 13 hours ago
- 1 day 7 hours ago: Following new legislation in Wolfhawk, children are sent to either religious or secular schools.
- 2 days 7 hours ago: Following new legislation in Wolfhawk, foreign 'investors' have been taking a great interest in the new secret shuttle.
- 2 days 15 hours ago: Wolfhawk approved the World Assembly proposal "Repeal "Condemn NAZI EUROPE"".
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Wolfhawk, vitriolic divorce proceedings have become prime-time television.
- 4 days ago: Wolfhawk created a new poll in Emeraldise: "favorite".
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Wolfhawk, the police have reaffirmed their tough stance on drugs.
- 5 days ago: Wolfhawk voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Legal Competence".
- 6 days ago: Wolfhawk was reclassified from "Left-wing Utopia" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Wolfhawk, the nation has welcomed its expats back with open arms.
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Wolfhawk, tax evaders are regularly visited by agents of the Wolfhawk Blood Tithe.
Endorsements Received: 1 » Xileus.