“To Dream the Impossible Dream”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Hegemony
The Forest Realm of Wolfhawk is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by GLJordan with a fair hand, and notable for its hatred of cheese. The compassionate, democratic population of 24.013 billion Wolfhawkians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Curiosity City. The income tax rate is 100%.
The large but stagnant Wolfhawkian economy, worth 367 trillion lanterns a year, is highly specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing and Information Technology. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 15,302 lanterns, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The fire protection service is wholly government-funded, libraries are now installed with jacuzzis and mini-bars, the police have reaffirmed their tough stance on drugs, and the internet has been placed under government control. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Wolfhawk's national animal is the ferret, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Silver Empress.
Wolfhawk is ranked 1st in Emeraldise and 52nd in the world for Most Beautiful Environments, with 7,360.9 Pounds of Wildlife less Pounds of Concrete per square mile.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 days 16 hours ago
- 2 days 15 hours ago: Wolfhawk was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Politically Free.
- 2 days 16 hours ago: Following new legislation in Wolfhawk, the internet has been placed under government control.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Wolfhawk, the police have reaffirmed their tough stance on drugs.
- 5 days ago: Wolfhawk voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Disabled Voters Act".
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Wolfhawk, libraries are now installed with jacuzzis and mini-bars.
- 7 days ago: Following new legislation in Wolfhawk, the fire protection service is wholly government-funded.
- 8 days ago: Following new legislation in Wolfhawk, Saturday morning cartoons feature full frontal nudity.
- 9 days ago: Following new legislation in Wolfhawk, the nation has welcomed its expats back with open arms.
- 9 days ago: Wolfhawk voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on Double Taxation".
- 10 days ago: Following new legislation in Wolfhawk, third party candidates are now gaining some representation in Parliament.
Endorsements Received: 1 » Xileus.