The Long Lost Lair of Wolfcubs is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by 'Lone Wolf' Richards with an even hand, and remarkable for its avant-garde cinema, ritual sacrifices, and disturbing lack of elderly people. The hard-nosed, humorless, devout population of 11.853 billion Wolfcubsians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Belle Lair. The average income tax rate is 76.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Wolfcubsian economy, worth a remarkable 1,438 trillion cubs a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Furniture Restoration, and Tourism. Black market activity is frequent. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 121,327 cubs, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.6 times as much as the poorest.
The new iVote app allows representatives to vote on legislation by launching ill-tempered birds and matching candies, landfills fill the land, acrimonious legal battles result during divorce proceedings, and the national guard is mobilized whenever a mother gets separated from her child at the mall. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Wolfcubs's national animal is the wolf, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is The Circle of the Wolf.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Wolfcubs was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Governments.
- : Wolfcubs was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Corrupt Governments.
- : Wolfcubs was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector and the Top 10% for Most Corrupt Governments.
- : Wolfcubs was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Stationary.
- : Wolfcubs was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Populations.
- : Wolfcubs was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Efficient Economies and the Top 10% for Highest Poor Incomes, Most Advanced Public Transport, and Most Developed.
- : Wolfcubs's influence in Futaba Aoi rose from "Vassal" to "Truckler".
- : Wolfcubs was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Advanced Public Transport.
- : Wolfcubs was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Poor Incomes.
- : Wolfcubs was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Timber Woodchipping Industry.