“Let the wolf go!”
|Category: Corrupt Dictatorship|
Regional Influence: Diplomat
Location: Eggplant City
The Long Lost Lair of Wolfcubs is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by 'Lone Wolf' Richards with an iron fist, and renowned for its punitive income tax rates, anti-smoking policies, and parental licensing program. The cynical, humorless, devout population of 8.084 billion Wolfcubsians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The enormous, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Belle Lair. The average income tax rate is 81.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Wolfcubsian economy, worth 808 trillion cubs a year, is led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Furniture Restoration, and Information Technology. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 99,977 cubs, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.4 times as much as the poorest.
Members of Parliament are often found living in cardboard boxes, the police strictly enforce off-limit zones for tourists, police officers ride the swiftest wolves, and school uniforms are compulsory. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Wolfcubs's national animal is the wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is The Circle of the Wolf.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 days 2 hours ago
- 7 hours ago: Wolfcubs was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Public Transport Department.
- 7 hours ago: Wolfcubs was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Public Transport Department (last census: Top 10%).
- 2 days 20 hours ago: Following new legislation in Wolfcubs, school uniforms are compulsory.
- 5 days ago: Wolfcubs's influence in Eggplant City fell from "Instigator" to "Diplomat".
- 6 days ago: Wolfcubs's influence in Eggplant City rose from "Diplomat" to "Instigator".
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Wolfcubs, police officers ride the swiftest wolves.
- 7 days ago: Wolfcubs was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Public Sector (last census: Top 10%).
- 7 days ago: Following new legislation in Wolfcubs, the police strictly enforce off-limit zones for tourists.
- 8 days ago: Wolfcubs was reclassified from "Father Knows Best State" to "Corrupt Dictatorship".
- 8 days ago: Following new legislation in Wolfcubs, Members of Parliament are often found living in cardboard boxes.