The Kingdom of Winter and the North is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by King Brandon Stark with an iron fist, and remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, frequent executions, and compulsory military service. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 6.614 billion Winter and the Northians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Spirituality. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Winterfell. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 18.9%.
The powerhouse Winter and the Northian economy, worth 380 trillion Dragons a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Woodchip Exports, Furniture Restoration, and Gambling. Black market activity is notable. Average income is 57,546 Dragons, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 171,103 per year while the poor average 15,173, a ratio of 11.3 to 1.
Society and government have been organized according to a feudal hierarchy, Worship of the Old Gods has been named as Winter and the North's national religion, the nation refuses to provide international aid, and travel bureaus double as recruiting centers for national intelligence agencies. Crime is moderate. Winter and the North's national animal is the Direwolf, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Worship of the Old Gods.
Most Recent Government Activity: 5 days ago
- 2 days 8 hours ago: Winter and the North was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Avoided.
- 4 days ago: Winter and the North fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Extreme.
- 14 days ago: Winter and the North's influence in Launching Point rose from "Minnow" to "Vassal".
- 17 days ago: Winter and the North was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Happiest Citizens.
- 32 days ago: Winter and the North was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides.
- 109 days ago: Winter and the North was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Extreme.
- 110 days ago: Winter and the North lost the position of Communist China WA Delegate to One true korea.
- 111 days ago: Winter and the North resigned from the World Assembly.
- 111 days ago: Winter and the North relocated from Communist China to Launching Point.
- 111 days ago: Winter and the North ejected and banned Pripyatia from Communist China.