“Everyone for everyone else”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The Lexicon
The Republic of Wilkshire is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by President Paul Williams with a fair hand, and remarkable for its anti-smoking policies. The compassionate, intelligent population of 24.177 billion Wilkshireans love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of the Environment, Education, and Law & Order. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Westbury. The average income tax rate is 100%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Abortions are routinely performed in Wilkshire's hospitals, the government is seen as openly hostile to all religion, anti-government web sites are springing up, and birth rates have hit an all-time low. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Wilkshire's national animal is the cat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the wilko.
Most Recent Government Activity: 6 hours ago
- 23 hours ago: Following new legislation in Wilkshire, birth rates have hit an all-time low.
- 1 day 9 hours ago: Wilkshire was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Cultured (last census: Top 10%).
- 1 day 9 hours ago: Wilkshire was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Cultured.
- 1 day 11 hours ago: Following new legislation in Wilkshire, anti-government web sites are springing up.
- 1 day 23 hours ago: Following new legislation in Wilkshire, the government is seen as openly hostile to all religion.
- 2 days 6 hours ago: Wilkshire voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "National Economic Freedoms"".
- 2 days 11 hours ago: Following new legislation in Wilkshire, abortions are routinely performed in Wilkshire's hospitals.
- 2 days 23 hours ago: Following new legislation in Wilkshire, postmen have been arrested in job lots for selling junk mail as home insulation.
- 3 days 4 hours ago: Wilkshire voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Convention on Fracking".
- 3 days 23 hours ago: Following new legislation in Wilkshire, people are now classified as male, female, or genderqueer.
Endorsements Received: None.