“Everyone for everyone else”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Vassal
Location: The Lexicon
The Republic of Wilkshire is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by President Paul Williams with a fair hand, and remarkable for its punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, intelligent population of 24.668 billion Wilkshireans love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of the Environment, Education, and Law & Order. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Westbury. The average income tax rate is 100%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
The people elect the Supreme Court justices directly, Wilkshire's navy has been named the scourge of the seven thousand seas, the Father of the House has been in office just shy of a fortnight, and fancy dress parties are raided by military police for new recruits. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Wilkshire's national animal is the cat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the wilko.
Most Recent Government Activity: 9 hours ago
- 115 minutes ago: Following new legislation in Wilkshire, fancy dress parties are raided by military police for new recruits.
- 8 hours ago: Wilkshire voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Vandoosa".
- 12 hours ago: Wilkshire fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 13 hours ago: Following new legislation in Wilkshire, the Father of the House has been in office just shy of a fortnight.
- 20 hours ago: Wilkshire was endorsed by The Total Perspective Vortex of Chasmanthe.
- 1 day 1 hour ago: Following new legislation in Wilkshire, Wilkshire's navy has been named the scourge of the seven thousand seas.
- 1 day 13 hours ago: Following new legislation in Wilkshire, the people elect the Supreme Court justices directly.
- 2 days 1 hour ago: Following new legislation in Wilkshire, citizens are regularly arrested in queues for 'loitering'.
- 2 days 9 hours ago: Wilkshire lodged a message on the The Lexicon Regional Message Board.
- 2 days 13 hours ago: Wilkshire was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
Endorsements Received: None.