“Everyone for everyone else”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Vassal
Location: The Lexicon
The Republic of Wilkshire is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by President Paul Williams with a fair hand, and remarkable for its restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, intelligent population of 24.916 billion Wilkshireans love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of the Environment, Education, and Law & Order. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Westbury. The average income tax rate is 100%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Voting is voluntary, droves of former desperados are applying to join the border police, organ donation rates have hit a new low, and school uniforms are compulsory. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Wilkshire's national animal is the cat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the wilko.
Most Recent Government Activity: 17 hours ago
- 13 hours ago: Following new legislation in Wilkshire, school uniforms are compulsory.
- 13 hours ago: Following new legislation in Wilkshire, organ donation rates have hit a new low.
- 1 day 13 hours ago: Following new legislation in Wilkshire, droves of former desperados are applying to join the border police.
- 2 days 13 hours ago: Following new legislation in Wilkshire, voting is voluntary.
- 3 days 1 hour ago: Following new legislation in Wilkshire, CEOs and corporate executives are frequently found striking for better stock options.
- 3 days 13 hours ago: Following new legislation in Wilkshire, schoolchildren have twice-weekly sex education classes.
- 4 days ago: Wilkshire was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Highest Police Ratios.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Wilkshire, the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Wilkshire, expensive lawyers are hired to defend citizens in court for public urination charges against their pets.
- 4 days ago: Wilkshire voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Foreign Patent Recognition".
Endorsements Received: 1 » Chasmanthe.