The Republic of Wilkshire is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by President Paul Williams with a fair hand, and notable for its national health service, rampant corporate plagiarism, and smutty television. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 26.422 billion Wilkshireans are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Environment, Education, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Westbury. The income tax rate is 100%.
The frighteningly efficient Wilkshirean economy, worth a remarkable 5,582 trillion wilkoes a year, is extremely specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an amazing 211,279 wilkoes, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
All 'unconventional' weaponry has been banned, space shuttles regularly launch rubbish into space, the police have reaffirmed their tough stance on drugs, and pharmacies close down as medicinal drugs are sold freely by the government. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Wilkshire's national animal is the cat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Wilkshire was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Left-wing Utopia".
- : Following new legislation in Wilkshire, pharmacies close down as medicinal drugs are sold freely by the government.
- : Wilkshire voted against the World Assembly Resolution "National Economic Liberties".
- : Wilkshire was reclassified from "Civil Rights Lovefest" to "New York Times Democracy".
- : Following new legislation in Wilkshire, the police have reaffirmed their tough stance on drugs.
- : Following new legislation in Wilkshire, space shuttles regularly launch rubbish into space.
- : Wilkshire voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Condemn Omigodtheykilledkenny"".
- : Following new legislation in Wilkshire, all 'unconventional' weaponry has been banned.
- : Following new legislation in Wilkshire, the government's religious works are headed by a New Age guru.
- : Wilkshire lodged a message on the The Lexicon Regional Message Board.
Endorsements Received: None.