“Peace, Love, Goodwill”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Diplomat
The Republic of Wilfred Test is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Clara Powers with a fair hand, and remarkable for its anti-smoking policies. The compassionate, intelligent population of 9.405 billion Testians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, the Environment, and Social Welfare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Archer's Bow. The average income tax rate is 69%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
The Cat is a protected species, tourists from around the world come to visit the country's famous rainforests, a crusade against barbaric religious practices has begun, and government officials have to mortgage their homes to make ends meet. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Wilfred Test's national animal is the Cat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Atheism, and its currency is the Quirke.
Most Recent Government Activity: 16 days ago
- 2 days 5 hours ago: Wilfred Test was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Populations.
- 5 days ago: Wilfred Test's influence in Esamir fell from "Ambassador" to "Diplomat".
- 14 days ago: Wilfred Test's influence in Esamir rose from "Diplomat" to "Ambassador".
- 18 days ago: Wilfred Test fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Cultured.
- 21 days ago: Wilfred Test was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 24 days ago: Wilfred Test was endorsed by The Federal Monarchy of Iquasia.
- 24 days ago: Wilfred Test's influence in Esamir rose from "Envoy" to "Diplomat".
- 29 days ago: Wilfred Test was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- 34 days ago: Wilfred Test was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Best Weather.
- 35 days ago: Wilfred Test's influence in Esamir rose from "Duckspeaker" to "Envoy".