The Republic of Wilfred Test is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Adrian Maslow with a fair hand, and renowned for its strictly enforced bedtime, punitive income tax rates, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 10.872 billion Testians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Archer's Bow. The average income tax rate is 70.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but inefficient Testian economy, worth 317 trillion Quirkes a year, is extremely specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Tourism. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 29,166 Quirkes, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Commercial jingles have been ham-handedly forced into world renowned symphonies, corporate lawyers are joyfully combing through the new tax code for any new loopholes for their clients, protesters are up in arms over new nuclear power stations, and it is illegal for police officers to carry out searches due to strict privacy laws. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Wilfred Test's national animal is the Cat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Atheism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Wilfred Test was endorsed by The Community of Foucaults garden.
- : Wilfred Test was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Cultured.
- : Wilfred Test lost WA Delegate status in MHOC NationStates Region.
- : Wilfred Test's influence in Europe rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Wilfred Test relocated from MHOC NationStates Region to Europe.
- : Wilfred Test was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Influential.
- : Wilfred Test was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Influential (last census: Top 5%).
- : Wilfred Test was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Smartest Citizens.
- : Wilfred Test fell out of the regional Top 10% for Smartest Citizens.
- : Wilfred Test was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Healthiest Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
Endorsements Received: 1 » Foucaults garden.