The Republic of Wilfred Test is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Peter Arnold with a fair hand, and remarkable for its frequent executions, rampant corporate plagiarism, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 11.292 billion Archerians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Archer's City. The average income tax rate is 66.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but inefficient Archerian economy, worth 367 trillion Quirkes a year, is extremely specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Tourism. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 32,566 Quirkes, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Drunk drivers are sent to rehabilitation paid for by the government, airport security is provided by private companies, schoolchildren have twice-weekly sex education classes, and the government frequently panders to parents with boutique tax credits. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Wilfred Test's national animal is the Dove, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Atheism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Wilfred Test was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments, Most Eco-Friendly Governments, Longest Average Lifespans, Most Compassionate Citizens, and Healthiest Citizens.
- : Wilfred Test's influence in Europe rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Following new legislation in Wilfred Test, the government frequently panders to parents with boutique tax credits.
- : Following new legislation in Wilfred Test, schoolchildren have twice-weekly sex education classes.
- : Following new legislation in Wilfred Test, airport security is provided by private companies.
- : Following new legislation in Wilfred Test, drunk drivers are sent to rehabilitation paid for by the government.
- : Following new legislation in Wilfred Test, EpiPen sales have skyrocketed.
- : Wilfred Test changed its national animal to "Dove", its capital to "Archer's City", its demonym to "Archerian", its demonym adjective to "Archerian", its leader to "Peter Arnold", and its motto to "The Republic of Archer's Bow".
- : Wilfred Test altered its national flag.
- : Wilfred Test relocated from Lazarus to Europe.