The Protectorate of Wilde World is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Olivia with an even hand, and notable for its anti-smoking policies, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, democratic population of 2.561 billion Wilde Worldians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Environment, Education, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Directus. The average income tax rate is 68.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Wilde Worldian economy, worth 132 trillion Wilde OES a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing and Trout Farming. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 51,802 Wilde OES, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Anti-government political posters adorn every building like wallpaper, citizens are bombarded with advertising from their compulsory miniature radios, the government violently surpresses separatist movements, and murderers frequently escape punishment by claiming they were protecting their honour. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Wilde World's national animal is the Dog, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Wilde World fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Wilde World's influence in Eastern Realms fell from "Power" to "Powerbroker".
- : Wilde World was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans (last census: Top 5%).
- : Wilde World's influence in Eastern Realms fell from "Superpower" to "Power".
- : Wilde World's influence in Eastern Realms fell from "Hermit" to "Superpower".
- : Wilde World's influence in Eastern Realms rose from "Minnow" to "Hermit".
- : Wilde World relocated from Lazarus to Eastern Realms.
- : Wilde World was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Wilde World ceased to exist.
- : Wilde World fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.