The Federal Democratic Republic of Wiendonia is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by President Jan Sobeski with an even hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, public floggings, and anti-smoking policies. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless, devout population of 8.195 billion Wiendonians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The tiny, corrupt government prioritizes Defense, although Education, Industry, and Law & Order are also considered important, while Social Policy and Administration receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Wiendonia City. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Wiendonian economy, worth a remarkable 1,864 trillion Royales a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, and Book Publishing. Black market activity is notable. Average income is an amazing 227,529 Royales, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.5 times as much as the poorest.
Immigrant herding has become a national pastime, the government has cut taxes in the face of widespread tax evasion, tourists from around the world come to visit the country's famous rainforests, and foreign 'investors' have been taking a great interest in the new secret shuttle. Crime is moderate, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Wiendonia's national animal is the lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Roman Catholic.
Most Recent Government Activity: 6 days ago
- 21 hours ago: Wiendonia fell out of the world Top 5% for Largest Soda Pop Sector.
- 22 hours ago: Wiendonia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Soda Pop Sector.
- 1 day 21 hours ago: Wiendonia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- 4 days ago: Wiendonia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Retail Industry.
- 6 days ago: Wiendonia lodged a message on the The Imperial Guard Regional Message Board.
- 6 days ago: Wiendonia relocated from Balder to The Imperial Guard.
- 6 days ago: Wiendonia was refounded in Balder.
- 79 days ago: Wiendonia ceased to exist.
- 107 days ago: Wiendonia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Manufacturing Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- 111 days ago: Wiendonia lodged a message on the The Imperial Guard Regional Message Board.