The Federation of Whirl Islands is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by President Amira Paulini with an even hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, daily referendums, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate population of 13.106 billion Whirl-Islanders are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded morass — juggles the competing demands of Environment, Healthcare, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Navel Island. The average income tax rate is 75.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Whirl Islandsian economy, worth 663 trillion Dollars a year, is extremely specialized and solely comprised of the Book Publishing industry. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 50,589 Dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The government encourages conflict abroad to increase arms sales, the government pours millions of Dollars into rehabilitation programs annually, political parties are banned from advertising and receiving private donations, and Navel Island spends billions upgrading public transport. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Whirl Islands's national animal is the hawk, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Roman Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity: 10 days ago
- 11 days ago: Whirl Islands was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "Democratic Socialists".
- 14 days ago: Whirl Islands was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 18 days ago: Whirl Islands fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Developed.
- 28 days ago: Whirl Islands was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Developed.
- 39 days ago: Whirl Islands's influence in Rushmore rose from "Instigator" to "Dealmaker".
- 66 days ago: Whirl Islands's influence in Rushmore rose from "Contender" to "Instigator".
- 81 days ago: Whirl Islands was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans (last census: Top 10%).
- 89 days ago: Whirl Islands was endorsed by Southwest eastnorth.
- 95 days ago: Whirl Islands fell out of the world Top 5% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 96 days ago: Whirl Islands fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.