The Federation of Whirl Islands is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by President Amira Paulini with an even hand, and remarkable for its frequent executions, zero percent divorce rate, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate population of 13.433 billion Whirl-Islanders are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded morass — juggles the competing demands of Environment, Healthcare, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Navel Island. The average income tax rate is 75.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Whirl Islandsian economy, worth 678 trillion Dollars a year, is extremely specialized and solely comprised of the Book Publishing industry. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 50,529 Dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The government encourages conflict abroad to increase arms sales, the government pours millions of Dollars into rehabilitation programs annually, political parties are banned from advertising and receiving private donations, and Navel Island spends billions upgrading public transport. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Whirl Islands's national animal is the hawk, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Roman Catholicism.
Whirl Islands is ranked 46th in Rushmore and 47,675th in the world for Lowest Unemployment Rates, scoring 81 on the Workforce Participation Versus Theoretical Maximum Metric.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Whirl Islands was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Populations (last census: Top 10%).
- : Whirl Islands endorsed The Republic of Kalosia.
- : Whirl Islands endorsed The Holy Red Planet of Titaniumland.
- : Whirl Islands endorsed The Parliamentary Republic of Kernansquillec.
- : Whirl Islands endorsed Beaverriver.
- : Whirl Islands endorsed The Constitutional Monarchy of San Llera.
- : Whirl Islands endorsed The Humble People's Republic of Lons.
- : Whirl Islands was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of The Urain.
- : Whirl Islands was endorsed by The Golden Land of Marion Oaks 2.
- : Whirl Islands voted against the World Assembly Resolution "World Space Administration".