The Federation of Whirl Islands is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by President Amira Paulini with an even hand, and remarkable for its keen interest in outer space, punitive income tax rates, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, devout population of 15.584 billion Whirl-Islanders are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass — juggles the competing demands of Environment, Healthcare, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Navel Island. The average income tax rate is 76.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The thriving Whirl Islandsian economy, worth 888 trillion Dollars a year, is extremely specialized and solely comprised of the Book Publishing industry. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 57,043 Dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.3 times as much as the poorest.
The government encourages conflict abroad to increase arms sales, the government pours millions of Dollars into rehabilitation programs annually, political parties are banned from advertising and receiving private donations, and Navel Island spends billions upgrading public transport. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Whirl Islands's national animal is the hawk, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Roman Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Whirl Islands voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Gregoryisgodistan".
- : Whirl Islands voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Gregoryisgodistan".
- : Whirl Islands endorsed The Confederated Nations of Continental Rushmore.
- : Whirl Islands endorsed The Kingdom of Ellebanna.
- : Whirl Islands voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate The Place that has No Big Banks"".
- : Whirl Islands voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Environmental Warfare Act".
- : Whirl Islands endorsed The Empire of Edhros.
- : Whirl Islands endorsed The Travelling WA Mission of Electrum Diplomatic Offices.
- : Whirl Islands was endorsed by The Corporate Network of LiabiIities.
- : Whirl Islands was endorsed by The Kingdom of Fluvique.