The Federation of Whirl Islands is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by President Amira Paulini with an even hand, and notable for its anti-smoking policies, strictly enforced bedtime, and complete lack of prisons. The compassionate population of 12.352 billion Whirl-Islanders have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass — prioritizes Environment, although Healthcare, Education, and Law & Order are also considered important. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Navel Island. The average income tax rate is 74.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Whirl Islandsian economy, worth 662 trillion Dollars a year, is extremely specialized and solely comprised of the Book Publishing industry. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 53,604 Dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.5 times as much as the poorest.
The government encourages conflict abroad to increase arms sales, the government pours millions of Dollars into rehabilitation programs annually, political parties are banned from advertising and receiving private donations, and Navel Island spends billions upgrading public transport. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Whirl Islands's national animal is the hawk, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Roman Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity: 18 hours ago
- 5 days ago: Whirl Islands was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 5 days ago: Whirl Islands voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Nuclear Arms Possession Act"".
- 19 days ago: Whirl Islands's influence in Rushmore fell from "Instigator" to "Contender".
- 20 days ago: Whirl Islands's influence in Rushmore rose from "Contender" to "Instigator".
- 29 days ago: Whirl Islands voted against the World Assembly Resolution "On Universal Jurisdiction".
- 36 days ago: Whirl Islands voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Marine Debris Accord"".
- 37 days ago: Whirl Islands was endorsed by The Travelling WA Mission of Electrum Diplomatic Offices.
- 42 days ago: Whirl Islands voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on Double Taxation".
- 53 days ago: Following new legislation in Whirl Islands, Navel Island spends billions upgrading public transport.
- 53 days ago: Whirl Islands's influence in Rushmore fell from "Instigator" to "Contender".