The Federation of Whirl Islands is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by President Amira Paulini with an even hand, and notable for its zero percent divorce rate, anti-smoking policies, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, devout population of 15.264 billion Whirl-Islanders are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass — juggles the competing demands of Environment, Healthcare, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Navel Island. The average income tax rate is 76.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The thriving Whirl Islandsian economy, worth 866 trillion Dollars a year, is extremely specialized and solely comprised of the Book Publishing industry. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 56,736 Dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.3 times as much as the poorest.
The government encourages conflict abroad to increase arms sales, the government pours millions of Dollars into rehabilitation programs annually, political parties are banned from advertising and receiving private donations, and Navel Island spends billions upgrading public transport. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Whirl Islands's national animal is the hawk, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Roman Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Whirl Islands was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans.
- : Whirl Islands's influence in Rushmore fell from "Enforcer" to "Dealmaker".
- : Whirl Islands was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs.
- : Whirl Islands was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Whirl Islands was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of Nethertopia.
- : Whirl Islands voted for The United Federation of Eura in Round 2 of the election.
- : Whirl Islands voted for The United Federation of Eura in Round 1 of the election.
- : Whirl Islands was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Developed.
- : Whirl Islands was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Influential and the Top 5% for Most Beautiful Environments, Largest Populations, Most Eco-Friendly Governments, and Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Whirl Islands endorsed The Nameless Organization of Filopines.