The Federation of Whirl Islands is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by President Amira Paulini with an even hand, and notable for its keen interest in outer space, restrictive gun laws, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, devout population of 15.935 billion Whirl-Islanders are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass — juggles the competing demands of Environment, Healthcare, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Navel Island. The average income tax rate is 77.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The thriving Whirl Islandsian economy, worth 909 trillion Dollars a year, is extremely specialized and solely comprised of the Book Publishing industry. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 57,085 Dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
The government encourages conflict abroad to increase arms sales, the government pours millions of Dollars into rehabilitation programs annually, political parties are banned from advertising and receiving private donations, and Navel Island spends billions upgrading public transport. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Whirl Islands's national animal is the hawk, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Roman Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Whirl Islands was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry.
- : Whirl Islands was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans and Most Popular Tourist Destinations and the Top 10% for Largest Welfare Programs, Most Stationary, and Most Pacifist.
- : Whirl Islands's influence in Rushmore rose from "Dealmaker" to "Enforcer".
- : Whirl Islands voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Gregoryisgodistan".
- : Whirl Islands voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Gregoryisgodistan".
- : Whirl Islands endorsed The Confederated Nations of Continental Rushmore.
- : Whirl Islands endorsed Ellebanna.
- : Whirl Islands voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate The Place that has No Big Banks"".
- : Whirl Islands voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Environmental Warfare Act".
- : Whirl Islands endorsed The Empire of Edhros.