“Independence, Freedom, and Prosperity”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Contender
The Federation of Whirl Islands is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by President Amira Paulini with an even hand, and notable for its restrictive gun laws. Its compassionate, hard-working population of 9.746 billion have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of the Environment, Healthcare, and Education. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Navel Island. The average income tax rate is 67%. A substantial private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
Expensive lawyers are hired to defend citizens in court for public urination charges against their pets, the government encourages conflict abroad to increase arms sales, the government pours millions of Dollars into rehabilitation programs annually, and political parties are banned from advertising and receiving private donations. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Whirl Islands's national animal is the hawk, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Roman Catholicism, and its currency is the Dollar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 7 days ago
- 3 days 22 hours ago: Whirl Islands's influence in Rushmore rose from "Negotiator" to "Contender".
- 15 days ago: Whirl Islands was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Average (last census: Top 10%).
- 19 days ago: Whirl Islands was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Best Weather (last census: Top 10%).
- 19 days ago: Whirl Islands was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Best Weather.
- 27 days ago: Whirl Islands was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Developed.
- 36 days ago: Whirl Islands was endorsed by The Football lovers of Mangolana.
- 37 days ago: Whirl Islands lost the position of Rushmore WA Delegate to The Republic of Cotdelapoms.
- 37 days ago: Whirl Islands lost the endorsement of The Football lovers of Mangolana.
- 37 days ago: Whirl Islands endorsed The Patriotic Peoples Democracy of Michael VII.
- 37 days ago: Whirl Islands endorsed The Republic of Kalosia.