“Independence, Freedom, and Prosperity”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Contender
The Federation of Whirl Islands is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by President Amira Paulini with an even hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls. The compassionate population of 11.49 billion Whirl-Islanders have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it concentrates mainly on the Environment, although Healthcare and Education are on the agenda. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Navel Island. The average income tax rate is 70%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Expensive lawyers are hired to defend citizens in court for public urination charges against their pets, the government encourages conflict abroad to increase arms sales, the government pours millions of Dollars into rehabilitation programs annually, and political parties are banned from advertising and receiving private donations. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Whirl Islands's national animal is the hawk, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, its national religion is Roman Catholicism, and its currency is the Dollar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 10 days ago
- 1 day 13 hours ago: Whirl Islands was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Best Weather.
- 31 days ago: Whirl Islands was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 45 days ago: Whirl Islands was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of The Urain.
- 51 days ago: Whirl Islands fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Average.
- 51 days ago: Whirl Islands fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Average.
- 60 days ago: Whirl Islands fell out of the regional Top 10% for Best Weather.
- 81 days ago: Whirl Islands changed its national demonym to "Whirl-Islander".
- 82 days ago: Whirl Islands was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Influential (last census: Top 5%).
- 82 days ago: Whirl Islands was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Influential (last census: Top 10%).
- 110 days ago: Whirl Islands was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Best Weather.