The Federation of Whirl Islands is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by President Amira Paulini with an even hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, punitive income tax rates, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate population of 14.399 billion Whirl-Islanders have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass — juggles the competing demands of Environment, Healthcare, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Navel Island. The average income tax rate is 76.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The thriving Whirl Islandsian economy, worth 800 trillion Dollars a year, is extremely specialized and solely comprised of the Book Publishing industry. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 55,625 Dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.3 times as much as the poorest.
The government encourages conflict abroad to increase arms sales, the government pours millions of Dollars into rehabilitation programs annually, political parties are banned from advertising and receiving private donations, and Navel Island spends billions upgrading public transport. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Whirl Islands's national animal is the hawk, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Roman Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Whirl Islands fell out of the regional Top 10% for Longest Average Lifespans.
- : Whirl Islands fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- : Whirl Islands lost the endorsement of The Constitutional Monarchy of Nethertopia.
- : Whirl Islands lost the endorsement of The Travelling WA Mission of Electrum Diplomatic Offices.
- : Whirl Islands was endorsed by The Republic of Ceni.
- : Whirl Islands withdrew its endorsement from The Constitutional Monarchy of Nethertopia.
- : Whirl Islands withdrew its endorsement from The Imperial Commonwealth of Eastfield Lodge.
- : Whirl Islands was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements (last census: Top 5%).
- : Whirl Islands's influence in Rushmore rose from "Dealmaker" to "Enforcer".
- : Whirl Islands was struck by a Cure Missile from The United Kingdom of Valladares, curing 43 million infected.