The Federation of Whirl Islands is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by President Amira Paulini with an even hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, zero percent divorce rate, and anti-smoking policies. The compassionate, devout population of 15.432 billion Whirl-Islanders are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass — juggles the competing demands of Environment, Healthcare, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Navel Island. The average income tax rate is 76.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The thriving Whirl Islandsian economy, worth 883 trillion Dollars a year, is extremely specialized and solely comprised of the Book Publishing industry. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 57,226 Dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.3 times as much as the poorest.
The government encourages conflict abroad to increase arms sales, the government pours millions of Dollars into rehabilitation programs annually, political parties are banned from advertising and receiving private donations, and Navel Island spends billions upgrading public transport. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Whirl Islands's national animal is the hawk, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Roman Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Whirl Islands was endorsed by The Corporate Network of LiabiIities.
- : Whirl Islands was endorsed by The Kingdom of Fluvique.
- : Whirl Islands was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans and the Top 10% for Most Pacifist.
- : Whirl Islands was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations and the Top 10% for Most Compassionate Citizens and Nicest Citizens.
- : Whirl Islands was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Extensive Public Healthcare.
- : Whirl Islands endorsed The Imperial Commonwealth of Eastfield Lodge.
- : Whirl Islands endorsed The Democratic Republic of The Urain.
- : Whirl Islands endorsed The Kingdom of Fluvique.
- : Whirl Islands endorsed The Corporate Network of LiabiIities.
- : Whirl Islands endorsed The Republic of Ceni.