The Federation of Whirl Islands is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by President Amira Paulini with an even hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, anti-smoking policies, and daily referendums. The compassionate population of 12.63 billion Whirl-Islanders have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass — prioritizes Environment, with Healthcare, Education, and Law & Order also on the agenda. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Navel Island. The average income tax rate is 75.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Whirl Islandsian economy, worth 683 trillion Dollars a year, is extremely specialized and solely comprised of the Book Publishing industry. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 54,107 Dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.5 times as much as the poorest.
The government encourages conflict abroad to increase arms sales, the government pours millions of Dollars into rehabilitation programs annually, political parties are banned from advertising and receiving private donations, and Navel Island spends billions upgrading public transport. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Whirl Islands's national animal is the hawk, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Roman Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 8 hours ago
- 4 days ago: Whirl Islands was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans (last census: Top 10%).
- 11 days ago: Whirl Islands was endorsed by The Incorporated States of Southwest Eastnorth.
- 18 days ago: Whirl Islands fell out of the world Top 5% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 18 days ago: Whirl Islands fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 25 days ago: Whirl Islands voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Prevention of Torture"".
- 51 days ago: Whirl Islands was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 51 days ago: Whirl Islands voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Nuclear Arms Possession Act"".
- 65 days ago: Whirl Islands's influence in Rushmore fell from "Instigator" to "Contender".
- 66 days ago: Whirl Islands's influence in Rushmore rose from "Contender" to "Instigator".
- 75 days ago: Whirl Islands voted against the World Assembly Resolution "On Universal Jurisdiction".