“Independence, Freedom, and Prosperity”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Contender
The Federation of Whirl Islands is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by President Amira Paulini with an even hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls. The compassionate population of 11.925 billion Whirl-Islanders have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it is mainly concerned with the Environment, although Healthcare and Education are secondary priorities. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Navel Island. The average income tax rate is 71%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Expensive lawyers are hired to defend citizens in court for public urination charges against their pets, the government encourages conflict abroad to increase arms sales, the government pours millions of Dollars into rehabilitation programs annually, and political parties are banned from advertising and receiving private donations. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Whirl Islands's national animal is the hawk, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, its national religion is Roman Catholicism, and its currency is the Dollar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 13 hours ago
- 15 days ago: Whirl Islands fell out of the world Top 5% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 15 days ago: Whirl Islands fell out of the regional Top 5% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 18 days ago: Whirl Islands's influence in Rushmore fell from "Instigator" to "Contender".
- 19 days ago: Whirl Islands relocated from Balder to Rushmore.
- 19 days ago: Whirl Islands was refounded in Balder.
- 37 days ago: Whirl Islands ceased to exist.
- 42 days ago: Whirl Islands was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Best Weather.
- 51 days ago: Whirl Islands was struck by a Cure Missile from The Rechom of Darmen, curing 46 million infected.
- 51 days ago: Whirl Islands was struck by a Cure Missile from The Rechom of Darmen, curing 62 million infected.
- 51 days ago: Whirl Islands was struck by a Cure Missile from The Rechom of Darmen, curing 81 million infected.