“Independence, Freedom, and Prosperity”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Contender
The Federation of Whirl Islands is a gargantuan, economically powerful nation, ruled by President Amira Paulini with an even hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls. The compassionate population of 12.141 billion Whirl-Islanders have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass — prioritizes Environment, with Healthcare, Education, and Industry also on the agenda. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Navel Island. The average income tax rate is 74.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Whirl Islandsian economy, worth 645 trillion Dollars a year, is extremely specialized and solely comprised of the Book Publishing industry. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 53,147 Dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.5 times as much as the poorest.
The government encourages conflict abroad to increase arms sales, the government pours millions of Dollars into rehabilitation programs annually, political parties are banned from advertising and receiving private donations, and Navel Island spends billions upgrading public transport. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Whirl Islands's national animal is the hawk, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Roman Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity: 18 hours ago
- 18 hours ago: Whirl Islands voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Marine Debris Accord"".
- 2 days 1 hour ago: Whirl Islands was endorsed by The Travelling WA Mission of Electrum Diplomatic Offices.
- 7 days ago: Whirl Islands voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on Double Taxation".
- 17 days ago: Following new legislation in Whirl Islands, Navel Island spends billions upgrading public transport.
- 17 days ago: Whirl Islands's influence in Rushmore fell from "Instigator" to "Contender".
- 18 days ago: Whirl Islands's influence in Rushmore rose from "Contender" to "Instigator".
- 26 days ago: Whirl Islands was endorsed by The United Federation of Eura.
- 28 days ago: Whirl Islands was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of Nethertopia.
- 29 days ago: Whirl Islands endorsed The Imperial Commonwealth of Eastfield Lodge.
- 29 days ago: Whirl Islands endorsed The Travelling WA Mission of Electrum Diplomatic Offices.