The Commonwealth of Whipjangle is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, notable for its rampant corporate plagiarism, complete lack of public education, and devotion to social welfare. The hard-nosed, democratic population of 23.383 billion Whipjangleans hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Welfare, and Law & Order. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 9.1%.
The strong Whipjanglean economy, worth 941 trillion jangles a year, is quite specialized and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Uranium Mining and Information Technology. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 40,266 jangles, with the richest citizens earning 6.0 times as much as the poorest.
Travellers are often forcibly evicted by torch-bearing mobs, the nation refuses to provide international aid, the people elect the Supreme Court justices directly, and elections have become procedural nightmares due to voters persistently rejecting candidates. Crime is a problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Whipjangle's national animal is the rattlesnake, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Whipjangle was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Politically Free (last census: Top 10%).
- : Whipjangle fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Devout.
- : Whipjangle was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Populations (last census: Top 1%).
- : Whipjangle was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Largest Populations.
- : Whipjangle was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Politically Free.
- : Whipjangle was refounded in Balder.
- : Whipjangle ceased to exist.
- : Whipjangle fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Devout.
- : Whipjangle was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Happiest Citizens.
- : Whipjangle was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Politically Free (last census: Top 5%).