The People's Republic of Wheres Waldo is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Leader with an even hand, and renowned for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, enforced nudity, and self-igniting cars. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless population of 9.403 billion Wheres Waldoans are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The tiny, corrupt, pro-business government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Wheres Waldo City. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Wheres Waldoan economy, worth a remarkable 3,541 trillion Scrolls a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Soda Sales, and Automobile Manufacturing. Average income is an amazing 376,681 Scrolls, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 3,359,996 per year while the poor average 5,622, a ratio of 597 to 1.
Vile black smog from coal power plants has enveloped several major urban centres, the booming slave trade is now government-funded, men avoid even so much as looking at female colleagues, and referenda are held for every conceivable government action. Crime is totally unknown. Wheres Waldo's national animal is the Woof, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Wheres Waldo's influence in Wambo Confederation rose from "Superpower" to "Dominator".
- : Wheres Waldo was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Populations.
- : Wheres Waldo was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Avoided (last census: Top 1%).
- : Wheres Waldo was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Pro-Market (last census: Top 10%).
- : Wheres Waldo was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Lowest Overall Tax Burden.
- : Wheres Waldo was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Avoided (last census: Top 5%).
- : Wheres Waldo was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Rudest Citizens (last census: Top 10%).
- : Wheres Waldo fell out of the regional Top 10% for Rudest Citizens.
- : Wheres Waldo fell out of the world Top 5% for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- : Following new legislation in Wheres Waldo, referenda are held for every conceivable government action.