|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Eminence Grise
Location: The Proletariat Coalition
The Perpetually Confused State of Whatia is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Dave with a fair hand, and renowned for its punitive income tax rates. Its compassionate, hard-working, intelligent population of 19.064 billion hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, liberal government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Social Welfare, Education, and Social Equality. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Whatopolis. The average income tax rate is 100%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Same-sex marriages are increasingly common, anti-government political posters adorn every building like wallpaper, euthanasia is legal, and voting is voluntary. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Whatia's national animal is the gerbil, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the taco.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 9 hours ago
- 9 days ago: Whatia fell out of the world Top 5% for Most Politically Free.
- 29 days ago: Following new legislation in Whatia, voting is voluntary.
- 29 days ago: Whatia lost the endorsement of The Dictatorship of Junon City.
- 32 days ago: Whatia lost the endorsement of The Rogue State of Tahar Joblis.
- 33 days ago: Following new legislation in Whatia, euthanasia is legal.
- 45 days ago: Following new legislation in Whatia, anti-government political posters adorn every building like wallpaper.
- 45 days ago: Whatia endorsed The Dictatorship of Junon City.
- 46 days ago: Whatia was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Developed.
- 46 days ago: Whatia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Developed.
- 51 days ago: Following new legislation in Whatia, same-sex marriages are increasingly common.