|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Perpetually Confused State of Whatia is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Dave with a fair hand, and renowned for its punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, intelligent population of 22.079 billion Whatians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Social Welfare, Education, and Social Equality. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Whatopolis. The average income tax rate is 100%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
The WBI Channel Tunnel project is plagued by delays, the government has adopted a "Lightning Never Strikes Twice" approach to dealing with natural disasters, administrative districts are increasingly defined by their taste in housing architecture, and droves of former desperados are applying to join the border police. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Whatia's national animal is the gerbil, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the taco.
Most Recent Government Activity: 16 days ago
- 2 days ago: Whatia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Highest Police Ratios.
- 4 days ago: Whatia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- 5 days ago: Whatia was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Least Corrupt Governments.
- 7 days ago: Whatia was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Nicest Citizens.
- 20 days ago: Whatia was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Most Rebellious Youth.
- 25 days ago: Whatia was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- 26 days ago: Whatia was ravaged by a Zombie Horde from The Diplomatic Mission of The Ainocran Embassy, infecting 1 million survivors.
- 28 days ago: Whatia was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare.
- 30 days ago: Whatia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Fastest-Growing Economies.
- 33 days ago: Whatia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Extensive Civil Rights.