|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Perpetually Confused State of Whatia is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Dave with a fair hand, and remarkable for its devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, intelligent population of 21.883 billion Whatians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Social Welfare, Education, and Social Equality. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Whatopolis. The average income tax rate is 100%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
The WBI Channel Tunnel project is plagued by delays, the government has adopted a "Lightning Never Strikes Twice" approach to dealing with natural disasters, administrative districts are increasingly defined by their taste in housing architecture, and droves of former desperados are applying to join the border police. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Whatia's national animal is the gerbil, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the taco.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 days 9 hours ago
- 17 hours ago: Whatia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- 3 days 17 hours ago: Whatia was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Largest Populations.
- 5 days ago: Whatia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 8 days ago: Whatia was ranked #1 in the region for Most Developed.
- 9 days ago: Whatia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Politically Free.
- 10 days ago: Whatia was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Best Weather.
- 12 days ago: Whatia was refounded in Osiris.
- 18 days ago: Whatia ceased to exist.
- 22 days ago: Whatia fell out of the world Top 5% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 25 days ago: Whatia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Godforsaken (last census: Top 1%).