The Perpetually Confused State of Whatia is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by Dave with a fair hand, and remarkable for its anti-smoking policies, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and daily referendums. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 23.554 billion Whatians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, liberal, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Education, and Social Policy. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Nessaypah. The income tax rate is 100%.
The frighteningly efficient Whatian economy, worth a remarkable 5,584 trillion cheap bottles of wine a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an amazing 237,076 cheap bottles of wine, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Schoolchildren have twice-weekly sex education classes, people reciting Shakespeare have become a common sight, Dave's mistress is the belle at many state balls, and discarded pennies litter the streets. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Whatia's national animal is the picnic table bear, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Whatia was endorsed by The Proletarian Dictatorship of Jah Paradise.
- : Whatia was endorsed by The Federation of Anarhic Morrowind.
- : Whatia lost the endorsement of The Federation of Anarhic Morrowind.
- : Whatia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Lowest Crime Rates (last census: Top 1%).
- : Whatia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Extensive Civil Rights (last census: Top 10%).
- : Whatia was endorsed by The United Socialist States of Keatzland.
- : Whatia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Fastest-Growing Economies (last census: Top 5%).
- : Whatia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Influential.
- : Whatia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Influential.
- : Whatia was endorsed by The Armed Coalition of Comrade Hayden.
Endorsements Received: 34 » Westnesia, Khaleen, Crimpleton, Buena Jersey, Communist-Union, NoFrellsGiven, Mittenstan, Egalitarian Calcova, The Completly Oppressive States, Caracasus, Hibitus, Qygen-Koban, The Greater Pacific Northwest, Geminica, Hipstanea, Areinnye, Sheppard, Loce, The Republic Of Fish Palace, Pictonia, Scrantonicity, State V3, United Coaxial, Equalitatem, Fogrose, Cobrastin, Baby Onde, Theophilon, Republica Socialista Atleticana, Azania, Comrade Hayden, Keatzland, Anarhic Morrowind, and Jah Paradise.