The Perpetually Confused State of Whatia is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Dave with a fair hand, and notable for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, hatred of cheese, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 23.375 billion Whatians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, liberal, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Education, and Social Policy. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Nessaypah. The income tax rate is 100%.
The frighteningly efficient Whatian economy, worth a remarkable 5,540 trillion cheap bottles of wine a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an amazing 237,011 cheap bottles of wine, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Schoolchildren have twice-weekly sex education classes, people reciting Shakespeare have become a common sight, Dave's mistress is the belle at many state balls, and discarded pennies litter the streets. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Whatia's national animal is the picnic table bear, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity: 6 days ago
- 3 days 23 hours ago: Whatia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Whatia, discarded pennies litter the streets.
- 8 days ago: Whatia was reclassified from "Civil Rights Lovefest" to "Left-wing Utopia".
- 8 days ago: Whatia was endorsed by The Navbot's Supreme Dominion of United Coaxial.
- 8 days ago: Whatia was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Inclusive.
- 9 days ago: Whatia was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Most Inclusive.
- 10 days ago: Whatia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most World Assembly Endorsements (last census: Top 10%).
- 12 days ago: Whatia was endorsed by The Holy Empire of State V3.
- 12 days ago: Whatia was endorsed by The Emirate of Rashidunistan.
- 20 days ago: Whatia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Lowest Unemployment Rates (last census: Top 1%).
Endorsements Received: 29 » Westnesia, Khaleen, Crimpleton, Buena Jersey, Communist-Union, NoFrellsGiven, Mittenstan, Everlance, Egalitarian Calcova, The Completly Oppressive States, Caracasus, Hibitus, Qygen-Koban, The Greater Pacific Northwest, Geminica, Demiter, Hipstanea, Areinnye, Anarhic Morrowind, Sheppard, Lucent and East Forest, Loce, The Republic Of Fish Palace, Pictonia, Scrantonicity, Isaput, Rashidunistan, State V3, and United Coaxial.