“Oh my God, JC, a bomb!”
|Category: Corporate Police State|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The JC Denton's United States of What a shame is a massive, economically powerful nation, ruled by JC Denton with an iron fist, and remarkable for its irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 3.265 billion Augs are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded, corrupt, pro-business individuals juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defence, and Commerce. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New York City. Income tax is unheard of. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing, Uranium Mining, and Information Technology industries.
One-stop superstores divide and conquer family businesses, tumbleweeds made of litter adorn city streets, the government blames all suspicious phenomena on flying saucers, and membership in the state-owned Church of What a shame is mandatory and all other faith organisations are banned. Crime is pervasive. What a shame's national animal is the Paul Denton, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, its national religion is Freemasonry, and its currency is the Shame.
Most Recent Government Activity: 10 days ago
- 61 minutes ago: What a shame was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Soda Pop Sector.
- 4 days ago: What a shame was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides.
- 7 days ago: What a shame was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Agricultural Sector.
- 9 days ago: What a shame was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Fattest Citizens.
- 10 days ago: What a shame changed its national demonym adjective to "Augmented".
- 12 days ago: What a shame was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Lowest Overall Tax Burden.
- 14 days ago: What a shame was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Extreme.
- 16 days ago: What a shame changed its national demonym to "Aug" and its demonym adjective to "Aug".
- 16 days ago: What a shame was refounded in Osiris.
- 85 days ago: What a shame ceased to exist.