“Guds hjælp, folkets kærlighed, Whallhalls styrke.”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Negotiator
Location: Nordic Lands
The Federal Empires of Whallhall is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Direct Democratic Principatial Empire with a fair hand, and renowned for its unlimited-speed roads. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 6.879 billion love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it concentrates mainly on Education, although Social Welfare and the Environment are on the agenda. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Lethall. The average income tax rate is 99%. Private enterprise is illegal, but for those in the know there is a slick and highly efficient black market in Book Publishing.
Cremation is compulsory for the deceased, abortion is only legal in unusual circumstances, skateboarding is the only legal way to travel, and sex changes are routinely performed at Whallhall's hospitals. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Whallhall's national animal is the Dragon, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Resource generative.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 hours ago
- 12 hours ago: Following new legislation in Whallhall, sex changes are routinely performed at Whallhall's hospitals.
- 13 hours ago: Whallhall lodged a message on the Nordic Lands Regional Message Board.
- 1 day ago: Whallhall was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- 1 day ago: Following new legislation in Whallhall, skateboarding is the only legal way to travel.
- 1 day 12 hours ago: Following new legislation in Whallhall, abortion is only legal in unusual circumstances.
- 1 day 23 hours ago: Following new legislation in Whallhall, cremation is compulsory for the deceased.
- 1 day 23 hours ago: Following new legislation in Whallhall, vegetarianism is compulsory.
- 1 day 23 hours ago: Following new legislation in Whallhall, crowds of flag-burning protesters tend to accidentally become crowds of burning protesters.
- 1 day 23 hours ago: Following new legislation in Whallhall, the WBI Channel Tunnel project is plagued by delays.
- 2 days 22 hours ago: Whallhall was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Safest.
Endorsements Received: 23 » Norrariken, Copenhagen Metropolis, Chiselstrait, Kalakukko, Caspersland, Vesterheim, Newer Austria, Myyoland, Larsovania, Linnea, Ziltoidia Greys, Lund-Jonkopings, Scanorama, Ilian, Aboveland, Burnnotice, Majland, Vulkanas, DHAP, Unofa, Kefflavik, Angermanlandius, and Bergby.