“Libertad o Muerte!”
|Category: Scandinavian Liberal Paradise|
Regional Influence: Dominator
Location: Soviet Union
The Borderlands of Western Barhar is a gargantuan, genial nation, remarkable for its keen interest in outer space. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 11.763 billion enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, liberal, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Social Welfare, Education, and Defence. The average income tax rate is 98%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Welfare funding has recently gone through the roof, a ban on unsolicited cold calling in all forms is in effect, politicians are to be found scavenging bins at night to supplement their income, and property values in suburbs have nosedived after the middle class were forced to live next door to ethnic minorities. Crime is totally unknown. Western Barhar's national animal is the prancing tiger, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the xi.
Most Recent Government Activity: 10 days ago
- 8 days ago: Western Barhar was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Healthiest Citizens.
- 8 days ago: Western Barhar fell out of the regional Top 10% for Healthiest Citizens.
- 10 days ago: Western Barhar voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Internet Net Neutrality Act"".
- 18 days ago: Western Barhar was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Cultured (last census: Top 5%).
- 23 days ago: Western Barhar was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- 23 days ago: Western Barhar's influence in Soviet Union fell from "Hermit" to "Dominator".
- 24 days ago: Western Barhar endorsed The Industrial Communist Empire of Soviet Remnants.
- 24 days ago: Western Barhar was admitted to the World Assembly.
- 24 days ago: Western Barhar applied to join the World Assembly.
- 24 days ago: Western Barhar relocated from Balder to Soviet Union.
Endorsements Received: None.