“Use It Or Lose It”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: Atlantian Oceania
The Immortal Kingdom of Weimania is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by King Albert VIII with an even hand, and remarkable for its compulsory military service. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 7.455 billion have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Commerce, and Defence. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Weimanhelm. The average income tax rate is 72%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Retail, Gambling, and Tourism industries.
Children spout "Use It Or Lose It" involuntarily throughout the day, TV shows must meet strict ethnicity quotas, inheritance tax has recently been abolished, and radio shows frequently feature people denouncing religion. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Weimania's national animal is the Rattlesnake, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Lutheranism, and its currency is the Moola.
Most Recent Government Activity: 13 hours ago
- 1 day ago: Following new legislation in Weimania, radio shows frequently feature people denouncing religion.
- 1 day ago: Following new legislation in Weimania, inheritance tax has recently been abolished.
- 6 days ago: Weimania was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Retail Industry.
- 9 days ago: Weimania was reclassified from "Capitalist Paradise" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- 9 days ago: Following new legislation in Weimania, TV shows must meet strict ethnicity quotas.
- 12 days ago: Following new legislation in Weimania, children spout "Use It Or Lose It" involuntarily throughout the day.
- 12 days ago: Following new legislation in Weimania, the government extracts trade concessions from poor nations in exchange for humanitarian aid.
- 14 days ago: Weimania fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Defense Forces.
- 14 days ago: Weimania fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Defense Forces.
- 22 days ago: Weimania was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Information Technology Sector.
Endorsements Received: None.