The Socialist Misfits of Waterana is a gargantuan, cultured nation, renowned for its frequent executions, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 22 billion Wateranans hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Social Policy. The average income tax rate is 99.2%.
The enormous but inefficient Wateranan economy, worth a remarkable 2,033 trillion Francoes a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is extremely specialized, is mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism. Average income is 92,441 Francoes, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.5 times as much as the poorest.
Skateparks can be found in every city, smoking is banned in public areas, the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller, and public footpaths are being slowly eroded by the burgeoning number of ramblers. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Waterana's national animal is the moon dolphin, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity: 18 days ago
- 5 days ago: Waterana fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- 10 days ago: Waterana was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of NowrojiCamp.
- 10 days ago: Waterana was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Inclusive.
- 10 days ago: Waterana was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Most Inclusive.
- 12 days ago: Waterana was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements (last census: Top 5%).
- 12 days ago: Waterana was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most World Assembly Endorsements (last census: Top 1%).
- 14 days ago: Waterana was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare (last census: Top 1%).
- 17 days ago: Waterana fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Developed.
- 18 days ago: Waterana changed its national motto to "Don't Feed the Moon Dolphins, They Bite.".
- 27 days ago: Waterana was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Developed.