The Socialist Misfits of Waterana is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, notable for its anti-smoking policies, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic, cheerful population of 23.946 billion Wateranans hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Social Policy. The average income tax rate is 98.6%.
The strong Wateranan economy, worth a remarkable 3,051 trillion Manas a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is extremely specialized, is mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Tourism. Average income is an impressive 127,421 Manas, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.1 times as much as the poorest.
Maxtopian tourists make expensive pilgrimages to Waterana City to enjoy their national art, breast milk is being redistributed from each according to their ability to each according to their need, there is an abondance of ackawi and zartschmelzend in every Wateranan grocery store, and elections have become procedural nightmares due to voters persistently rejecting candidates. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Waterana's national animal is the moon dolphin, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Waterana was endorsed by The Empire of Jakuben.
- : Waterana was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Advanced Public Education, the Top 5% for Most Advanced Public Transport and Highest Foreign Aid Spending, and the Top 10% for Highest Poor Incomes.
- : Following new legislation in Waterana, elections have become procedural nightmares due to voters persistently rejecting candidates.
- : Following new legislation in Waterana, there is an abondance of ackawi and zartschmelzend in every Wateranan grocery store.
- : Waterana's influence in The Pacific fell from "Squire" to "Page".
- : Following new legislation in Waterana, breast milk is being redistributed from each according to their ability to each according to their need.
- : Waterana voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Responsible Arms Transfers".
- : Waterana was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Waterana was endorsed by The Republic of Mureybet.
- : Waterana was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Nudest.