The Wandering Souls of Waterana is a gargantuan, safe nation, notable for its frequent executions, state-planned economy, and rampant corporate plagiarism. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 21.412 billion Wateranans hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Social Policy. The average income tax rate is 99.7%.
The enormous but inefficient Wateranan economy, worth a remarkable 1,974 trillion Francoes a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is extremely specialized, is mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism. Average income is 92,225 Francoes, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.5 times as much as the poorest.
Skateparks can be found in every city, smoking is banned in public areas, the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller, and public footpaths are being slowly eroded by the burgeoning number of ramblers. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Waterana's national animal is the moon dolphin, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Waterana is ranked 418th in the Pacific and 22,112th in the world for Lowest Unemployment Rates, scoring 154 on the Workforce Participation Versus Theoretical Maximum Metric.
Most Recent Government Activity: 15 hours ago
- 15 hours ago: Waterana voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "International Expositions Act"".
- 3 days 18 hours ago: Waterana voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Imperium of the Wolf".
- 3 days 18 hours ago: Waterana voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Prevention of Torture"".
- 6 days ago: Waterana was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Developed (last census: Top 10%).
- 7 days ago: Waterana was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Highest Average Tax Rates (last census: Top 5%).
- 8 days ago: Waterana was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 21 days ago: Waterana was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry.
- 21 days ago: Waterana was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Largest Publishing Industry.
- 22 days ago: Waterana was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Civil Rights Lovefest".
- 23 days ago: Waterana was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Healthiest Citizens (last census: Top 10%).