The Socialist Misfits of Waterana is a gargantuan, safe nation, remarkable for its frequent executions, anti-smoking policies, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic, cheerful population of 22.898 billion Wateranans hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Social Policy. The average income tax rate is 99.3%.
The Wateranan economy, worth a remarkable 2,648 trillion Francoes a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is extremely specialized, is mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism. Average income is an impressive 115,656 Francoes, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.1 times as much as the poorest.
Skateparks can be found in every city, smoking is banned in public areas, the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller, and public footpaths are being slowly eroded by the burgeoning number of ramblers. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Waterana's national animal is the moon dolphin, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Waterana voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Nuclear Security Convention"".
- : Waterana was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Most Influential (last census: Top 5%).
- : Waterana voted against the World Assembly Resolution "To Prevent Dangerous Debris".
- : Waterana was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Smartest Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- : Waterana was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- : Waterana was endorsed by The Federation of Zyzzyxland.
- : Waterana was struck by a Cure Missile from The Federation of Sgtperry, curing 1 million infected.
- : Waterana was struck by a Cure Missile from The Most Serene Republic of Rasta Entente, curing 1 million infected.
- : Waterana was struck by a Cure Missile from The Fiefdom of Jesopotamia, curing 1 million infected.
- : Waterana was struck by a Cure Missile from The Republic of Tiodudu, curing 1 million infected.