The Socialist Misfits of Waterana is a gargantuan, genial nation, notable for its frequent executions, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic, cheerful population of 23.342 billion Wateranans hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Social Policy. The average income tax rate is 99.9%.
The Wateranan economy, worth a remarkable 2,702 trillion Manas a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is extremely specialized, is mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism. Average income is an impressive 115,797 Manas, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.1 times as much as the poorest.
Skateparks can be found in every city, smoking is banned in public areas, the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller, and public footpaths are being slowly eroded by the burgeoning number of ramblers. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Waterana's national animal is the moon dolphin, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Waterana changed its national currency to "Mana".
- : Waterana changed its national motto to "Do not Feed the Moon Dolphins".
- : Waterana was endorsed by The Imperial Governor of Christopher Klein.
- : Waterana lost the endorsement of The Commonwealth of Itacha.
- : Waterana was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Itacha.
- : Waterana voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Nuclear Security Convention"".
- : Waterana was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Most Influential (last census: Top 5%).
- : Waterana voted against the World Assembly Resolution "To Prevent Dangerous Debris".
- : Waterana was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Smartest Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- : Waterana was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Extensive Civil Rights.