The Revolutionary Free State of Warkus is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Queen Eirion Protheroe with a fair hand, and notable for its parental licensing program, vat-grown people, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic, humorless population of 7.327 billion Warkusians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, liberal, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Nyaky. The average income tax rate is 97.5%.
The frighteningly efficient Warkusian economy, worth 890 trillion Warks a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing and Automobile Manufacturing. State-owned companies are the norm. Average income is an impressive 121,593 Warks, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
The nationalized auto industry is adept at making durable little cars nobody wants to drive, elevator music has been replaced by thrash metal played at maximum volume, Max Barry is this year's Miss Warkus, and torture is commonly used to extract information from suspected criminals. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Warkus's national animal is the Owl of Minerva, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Hegelianism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Warkus was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- : Warkus was reclassified from "Liberal Democratic Socialists" to "Left-wing Utopia".
- : Warkus was reclassified from "Left-wing Utopia" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- : Warkus's influence in Atlantian Oceania rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Following new legislation in Warkus, torture is commonly used to extract information from suspected criminals.
- : Following new legislation in Warkus, Max Barry is this year's Miss Warkus.
- : Following new legislation in Warkus, elevator music has been replaced by thrash metal played at maximum volume.
- : Following new legislation in Warkus, the nationalized auto industry is adept at making durable little cars nobody wants to drive.
- : Following new legislation in Warkus, the government spends more on chasing distant comets than on basic infrastructure.
- : Warkus was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Efficient Economies.