The Socialist Marsupials of Wapakalypse is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Czarina Wapakoala with an iron fist, and renowned for its public floggings, state-planned economy, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless, devout population of 8.419 billion Wapakalypseans are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The large, corrupt, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Wapakoaque. The income tax rate is 100%.
The sizeable but stagnant Wapakalypsean economy, worth 99.6 trillion wapaks a year, is driven entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is mostly comprised of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 11,824 wapaks, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
A government program is underway to revitalize Wapakalypse's beaches, every product goes through extensive safety-testing by the government, the government funds large training centres to turn koalas into functioning members of society, and workers have seized control of the economy. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Wapakalypse's national animal is the koala, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Wapakatheism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Wapakalypse was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Lowest Crime Rates (last census: Top 5%).
- : Wapakalypse fell out of the world Top 5% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Wapakalypse was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Smartest Citizens (last census: Top 1%).
- : Wapakalypse fell out of the world Top 1% for Most Influential.
- : Wapakalypse fell out of the regional Top 5% for Most Influential.
- : Wapakalypse was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Highest Average Tax Rates (last census: Top 5%).
- : Wapakalypse fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Beautiful Environments.
- : Wapakalypse fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- : Following new legislation in Wapakalypse, workers have seized control of the economy.
- : Following new legislation in Wapakalypse, the government funds large training centres to turn koalas into functioning members of society.