The Federated Imperial States of Wantsum is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by His Excellency Emperor Pius Tratine II with an even hand, and renowned for its conspicuous electricity pylons, public floggings, and anti-smoking policies. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, devout population of 7.355 billion Wantsumians are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The relatively small, corrupt, pro-business government juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Erion City - Imperial District. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 4.3%.
The frighteningly efficient Wantsumian economy, worth 994 trillion Imperial Soliduses a year, is broadly diversified and dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Retail, Tourism, and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is an impressive 135,208 Imperial Soliduses, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 471,118 per year while the poor average 28,252, a ratio of 16.7 to 1.
Bleach is the nation's most common pesticide, homeowners are evicted to make way for new runways, an IT mega-corporation has a patent pending on the rectangle, and the government is flooded with compensation requests. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Wantsum's national animal is the Imperial Black Phoenix, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Wantsum was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Corrupt Governments.
- : Wantsum's influence in The Commonwealth of Crowns rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Wantsum was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Smartest Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Wantsum, the government is flooded with compensation requests.
- : Following new legislation in Wantsum, an IT mega-corporation has a patent pending on the rectangle.
- : Following new legislation in Wantsum, homeowners are evicted to make way for new runways.
- : Wantsum was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Cheese Export Sector (last census: Top 10%).
- : Wantsum was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Cheese Export Sector.
- : Wantsum fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector.
- : Following new legislation in Wantsum, bleach is the nation's most common pesticide.