The Empire of Walosia is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by Emperor David with a fair hand, and remarkable for its public floggings, unlimited-speed roads, and complete lack of prisons. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 6.391 billion Walosians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Waldovia. The average income tax rate is 57.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient A Walosian economy, worth 909 trillion Denaris a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 142,239 Denaris, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Any citizen who cries is immediately assigned a psychiatrist, government ministers are regularly seen in the streets confessing their sins and hammering missiles into plow-shares, listless juries are assembled for the simplest of court cases, and school children are expected to know the names of all seven hundred native tribes and their cultural practices. Crime is totally unknown. Walosia's national animal is the Gray Wolf, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Walosia is ranked 79th in 10000 Islands and 4,125th in the world for Lowest Unemployment Rates, scoring 494 on the Workforce Participation Versus Theoretical Maximum Metric.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 15 hours ago
- 2 days 2 hours ago: Walosia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- 7 days ago: Walosia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Inclusive.
- 7 days ago: Walosia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Inclusive.
- 16 days ago: Walosia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Publishing Industry (last census: Top 10%).
- 19 days ago: Walosia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Lowest Unemployment Rates (last census: Top 10%).
- 29 days ago: Walosia was endorsed by The Empire Holistique of United Kingdom of Selesnia.
- 38 days ago: Walosia endorsed The Nomadic Peoples of Red Hands.
- 39 days ago: Walosia was endorsed by The Nomadic Peoples of Red Hands.
- 43 days ago: Walosia was endorsed by The Republic of Purple Atlantis.
- 44 days ago: Walosia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Pacifist (last census: Top 10%).