“Libertas iustitiaque omnibus”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: 10000 Islands
The Empire of Walosia is a massive, economically powerful nation, ruled by Emperor David with a fair hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls. The compassionate, hard-working, intelligent population of 4.883 billion Walosians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Welfare, and Commerce. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Waldovia. The average income tax rate is 85%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Tourism industry.
Military spending is on the increase, a new generation of aquariumless hotels are being built under government supervision, space research funding has hit a recent high while several military bases are being closed down, and the government is spending millions on renovating the public transportation system. Crime is totally unknown. Walosia's national animal is the Gray Wolf, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the Denari.
Most Recent Government Activity: 12 hours ago
- 4 days ago: Walosia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Developed (last census: Top 10%).
- 5 days ago: Walosia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Politically Free (last census: Top 5%).
- 5 days ago: Walosia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Politically Free (last census: Top 5%).
- 12 days ago: Walosia fell out of the world Top 10% for Healthiest Citizens.
- 18 days ago: Walosia was endorsed by The Ramifications of Goat Horns.
- 21 days ago: Walosia was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of Spncrgmn.
- 26 days ago: Walosia was endorsed by The Community of Aipotu Ruo.
- 31 days ago: Walosia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Best Weather.
- 33 days ago: Walosia fell out of the world Top 10% for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- 35 days ago: Walosia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Smartest Citizens (last census: Top 5%).