“One People, One Legacy, One Walbard.”
|Category: Left-Leaning College State|
Regional Influence: Power
Location: The Walbard Republic
The Eternal Commonwealth of Walbard is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Sir Henry James Tudor with an even hand, and notable for its keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, intelligent population of 14.342 billion Walbardians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it is mainly concerned with Education, although Commerce and Public Transport are on the agenda. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Castlereigh-upon-Carlisle. The average income tax rate is 76%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
Euthanasia is legal, political parties are banned from advertising and receiving private donations, there have been reports of people marrying housepets, and consumption of cat memes has skyrocketed. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Walbard's national animal is the Walbardian Lion, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Walbardian Cultism, and its currency is the Walbardian Vira.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 23 hours ago
- 1 day ago: Walbard was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Populations.
- 3 days ago: Walbard was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 3 days 13 hours ago: Following new legislation in Walbard, consumption of cat memes has skyrocketed.
- 3 days 13 hours ago: Following new legislation in Walbard, there have been reports of people marrying housepets.
- 4 days ago: Walbard was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Left-Leaning College State".
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Walbard, political parties are banned from advertising and receiving private donations.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Walbard, euthanasia is legal.
- 5 days ago: Walbard's influence in The Walbard Republic fell from "Superpower" to "Power".
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Walbard, new safety regulations require all cars manufactured in Walbard to be bombproof.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Walbard, the nation has welcomed its expats back with open arms.