The Stadt-Republic of Walbard is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by HM Carlisle~Henry I with a fair hand, and renowned for its national health service, unlimited-speed roads, and rampant corporate plagiarism. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 15.873 billion Walbardians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The relatively small, outspoken government is primarily concerned with Education, although Industry, Public Transport, and Environment are also considered important, while Social Policy and Defense are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of The Imperial City. The average income tax rate is 6.6%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Walbardian economy, worth a remarkable 2,863 trillion Walbardian Viras a year, is led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Soda Sales, and Automobile Manufacturing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 180,416 Walbardian Viras, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.8 times as much as the poorest.
Major cities shut down as their local sports team takes to the field every day, all guns must be registered, thousands of children die every day from easily curable illnesses, and all streets are privately owned toll roads. Crime is totally unknown. Walbard's national animal is the Walbardian Lion, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Church of Walbard.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 13 hours ago
- 21 hours ago: Walbard was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Public Transport Department.
- 1 day 20 hours ago: Walbard fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Avoided.
- 3 days 10 hours ago: Following new legislation in Walbard, all streets are privately owned toll roads.
- 3 days 10 hours ago: Following new legislation in Walbard, thousands of children die every day from easily curable illnesses.
- 3 days 10 hours ago: Following new legislation in Walbard, all guns must be registered.
- 3 days 17 hours ago: Walbard lodged a message on the Walbard Regional Message Board.
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Walbard, major cities shut down as their local sports team takes to the field every day.
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Walbard, the Coast Guard is pioneering a quixotic program to train fish.
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Walbard, glittering new sports stadiums adorn every city and town.
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Walbard, protesters are up in arms over new nuclear power stations.