“One People, One Legacy, One Walbard.”
|Category: Left-Leaning College State|
Regional Influence: Power
Location: The Walbard Republic
The Eternal Commonwealth of Walbard is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Sir Henry James Tudor with an even hand, and notable for its sprawling nuclear power plants. The hard-nosed, intelligent population of 8.84 billion, 8.713 billion of whom are zombies, Walbardians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it concentrates mainly on Education, although Commerce and Public Transport are secondary priorities. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Castlereigh-upon-Carlisle. The average income tax rate is 76%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
Euthanasia is legal, political parties are banned from advertising and receiving private donations, there have been reports of people marrying housepets, and consumption of cat memes has skyrocketed. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Walbard's national animal is the Walbardian Lion, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Walbardian Cultism, and its currency is the Walbardian Vira.
Walbard is currently considering its options.
Survival Rate: 0.88%
Most Recent Government Activity: 10 days ago
- 5 hours ago: Walbard fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Manufacturing Sector.
- 2 days 6 hours ago: Walbard was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- 4 days ago: Walbard fell out of the world Top 5% for Largest Trout Fishing Sector.
- 5 days ago: Walbard fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Insurance Industry.
- 6 days ago: Walbard was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- 9 days ago: Walbard was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Populations.
- 11 days ago: Walbard was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 11 days ago: Following new legislation in Walbard, consumption of cat memes has skyrocketed.
- 11 days ago: Following new legislation in Walbard, there have been reports of people marrying housepets.
- 12 days ago: Walbard was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Left-Leaning College State".