The Imperial Republic of Walbard is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Emperor Carlisle~Henry I with a fair hand, and remarkable for its daily referendums, rampant corporate plagiarism, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 15.641 billion Walbardians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The relatively small, liberal, outspoken government is primarily concerned with Education, with Industry, Public Transport, and Environment also on the agenda, while Defense and Social Policy are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of The Imperial City. The average income tax rate is 3.7%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Walbardian economy, worth a remarkable 2,801 trillion Walbardian Viras a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Soda Sales, and Automobile Manufacturing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 179,143 Walbardian Viras, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.7 times as much as the poorest.
Schoolchildren have twice-weekly sex education classes, factories grind to a halt every time there is an election, the government has instituted 'traveller reservations' across the country, and eight year-olds can be seen lighting up in public areas. Crime is totally unknown. Walbard's national animal is the Walbardian Lion, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Church of Walbard.
Most Recent Government Activity: 31 minutes ago
- 27 minutes ago: Walbard changed its national nation type to "Imperial Republic".
- 13 hours ago: Following new legislation in Walbard, eight year-olds can be seen lighting up in public areas.
- 1 day 13 hours ago: Following new legislation in Walbard, the government has instituted 'traveller reservations' across the country.
- 2 days ago: Walbard fell out of the regional Top 10% for Fattest Citizens.
- 2 days 1 hour ago: Following new legislation in Walbard, factories grind to a halt every time there is an election.
- 2 days 23 hours ago: Walbard was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Drug Use.
- 3 days 1 hour ago: Following new legislation in Walbard, schoolchildren have twice-weekly sex education classes.
- 3 days 22 hours ago: Walbard published "Minimum State Services" (Factbook: Culture).
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Walbard, local executives are seen on the corner with cardboard signs reading "will oppress the masses for food".
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Walbard, airport security is provided by private companies.