The Planetary Empire of Walbard is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Cyvilius I with a fair hand, and notable for its rum-swilling pirates, public floggings, and multi-spousal wedding ceremonies. The democratic, cheerful, devout population of 16.746 billion Walbardians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The relatively small, outspoken government is primarily concerned with Education, with Industry, Environment, and Public Transport also on the agenda, while Defense and Social Policy receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Walbard City. The average income tax rate is 6.6%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Walbardian economy, worth a remarkable 3,215 trillion Walbardian Viras a year, is led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Soda Sales, and Automobile Manufacturing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 192,040 Walbardian Viras, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Graffiti graces every city's streets, school uniforms are compulsory, police officers compete for the highest commissions from fines, and schoolchildren have twice-weekly sex education classes. Crime is totally unknown. Walbard's national animal is the Walbardian Lion, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Patriotism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Walbard was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Public Transport Department (last census: Top 10%).
- : Following new legislation in Walbard, schoolchildren have twice-weekly sex education classes.
- : Following new legislation in Walbard, police officers compete for the highest commissions from fines.
- : Following new legislation in Walbard, school uniforms are compulsory.
- : Following new legislation in Walbard, graffiti graces every city's streets.
- : Walbard updated the World Factbook entry in Walbard.
- : Walbard changed its national motto to "Peace, Liberty, Unity, Justice. 8 Years Young!".
- : Following new legislation in Walbard, factories grind to a halt every time there is an election.
- : Following new legislation in Walbard, the government seeks peaceful forum with terrorists.
- : Following new legislation in Walbard, the installation of street lights across remote goat tracks has left citizens bemused.