The Tudor Kingdom of Walbard is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Emperor Carlisle~Henry I with a fair hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, national health service, and unlimited-speed roads. The hard-nosed, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 15.295 billion Walbardians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The tiny, outspoken government is primarily concerned with Education, although Industry and Public Transport are also considered important, while Social Policy and Defense aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of The Imperial City. The average income tax rate is 2.9%.
The frighteningly efficient Walbardian economy, worth a remarkable 2,779 trillion Walbardian Viras a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Soda Sales, and Automobile Manufacturing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 181,694 Walbardian Viras, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.5 times as much as the poorest.
Retail stores offer sales every hour on the hour, the state pays for care of easily preventable illnesses, people are now classified as male, female, or genderqueer, and citizens drive tank-like vehicles with mounted machine guns. Crime, especially youth-related, is moderate, probably because of the absence of a police force. Walbard's national animal is the Walbardian Lion, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Church of Walbard.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 hours ago
- 12 hours ago: Following new legislation in Walbard, citizens drive tank-like vehicles with mounted machine guns.
- 16 hours ago: Walbard updated the World Factbook entry in Walbard.
- 21 hours ago: Walbard fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Agricultural Sector.
- 21 hours ago: Walbard was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Agricultural Sector.
- 1 day 12 hours ago: Walbard was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Civil Rights Lovefest".
- 1 day 12 hours ago: Following new legislation in Walbard, people are now classified as male, female, or genderqueer.
- 1 day 12 hours ago: Following new legislation in Walbard, the state pays for care of easily preventable illnesses.
- 2 days 12 hours ago: Following new legislation in Walbard, retail stores offer sales every hour on the hour.
- 2 days 22 hours ago: Walbard was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Rebellious Youth.
- 3 days ago: Following new legislation in Walbard, thousands of children die every day from easily curable illnesses.