The Place Holder of Vultopia is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by The Founder with an even hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, smutty television, and pith helmet sales. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 10.418 billion Vultopians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small, corrupt government is primarily concerned with Defense, with Education, Law & Order, and Industry also on the agenda. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Moonside. The average income tax rate is 20.2%.
The all-consuming Vultopian economy, worth a remarkable 1,489 trillion Bits a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, and Trout Farming. Black market activity is notable. Average income is an impressive 142,973 Bits, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.7 times as much as the poorest.
The commercialisation of highly deadly weapons has instilled Vultopia with a very polite populace, the army lures cannon fodder with promises of a college education, senior citizens are often found slaving away in factories, and auditors are gutting every governmental department. Crime is totally unknown. Vultopia's national animal is the Flying Fox, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Vultopia's influence in Yerushalem VI rose from "Power" to "Superpower".
- : Vultopia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Rebellious Youth.
- : Vultopia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Stationary.
- : Vultopia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Corrupt Governments.
- : Vultopia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Manufacturing Sector and Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector and the Top 10% for Highest Poor Incomes.
- : Vultopia agreed to construct embassies between Yerushalem VI and Ebola Quarantine Zone.
- : Vultopia's influence in Yerushalem VI rose from "Powerbroker" to "Power".
- : Vultopia's influence in Yerushalem VI rose from "Eminence Grise" to "Powerbroker".
- : Vultopia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Poor Incomes.
- : Vultopia lodged a message on the Yerushalem VI Regional Message Board.