The Galactic Empire of Vultopia is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Captain Cobeck with an even hand, and remarkable for its public floggings, smutty television, and compulsory gun ownership. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 7.873 billion Vultopians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized, corrupt government is primarily concerned with Defense, although Education, Law & Order, and Industry are also considered important. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Moonside. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 69.9%.
The frighteningly efficient Vultopian economy, worth a remarkable 1,134 trillion lunar bits a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, and Trout Farming. Average income is an impressive 144,069 lunar bits, with the richest citizens earning 8.6 times as much as the poorest.
Saturday morning cartoons feature full frontal nudity, the military is blowing up any threat to employment within the nation, warfare increasingly resembles a video game, and a typical fast food menu item could serve a small army. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Vultopia's national animal is the flying fox, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Vultopia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Cheese Export Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- : Vultopia fell out of the regional Top 5% for Largest Cheese Export Sector.
- : Vultopia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector.
- : Vultopia fell out of the regional Top 5% for Largest Populations.
- : Vultopia lodged a message on the Yerushalem VI Regional Message Board.
- : Vultopia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- : Vultopia agreed to construct embassies between Yerushalem VI and Crimson Dawn.
- : Vultopia agreed to construct embassies between Yerushalem VI and Mphela.
- : Vultopia fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- : Vultopia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Information Technology Sector.