The Galactic Empire of Vultopia is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Captain Cobeck with an even hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, keen interest in outer space, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 7.546 billion Vultopians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized, corrupt government is primarily concerned with Defense, although Education, Law & Order, and Industry are also considered important. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Moonside. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 70.2%.
The frighteningly efficient Vultopian economy, worth a remarkable 1,081 trillion lunar bits a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, and Trout Farming. Average income is an impressive 143,277 lunar bits, with the richest citizens earning 8.4 times as much as the poorest.
Package deals offer tourists the chance to visit the frozen remains of the previous tour group, leather-clad individuals can be seen walking their slaves in public parks, Saturday morning cartoons feature full frontal nudity, and the military is blowing up any threat to employment within the nation. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Vultopia's national animal is the flying fox, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day ago
- 23 hours ago: Vultopia fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Public Sector.
- 23 hours ago: Vultopia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Public Sector.
- 2 days 8 hours ago: Vultopia lodged a message on the Yerushalem VI Regional Message Board.
- 2 days 8 hours ago: Vultopia banned The Hyper Commonwealth of Apple-Loosa from Yerushalem VI.
- 2 days 12 hours ago: Vultopia's influence in Yerushalem VI rose from "Enforcer" to "Eminence Grise".
- 2 days 23 hours ago: Vultopia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Furniture Restoration Industry.
- 6 days ago: Vultopia proposed constructing embassies between Yerushalem VI and Hell.
- 6 days ago: Vultopia lodged a message on the Yerushalem VI Regional Message Board.
- 6 days ago: Vultopia suppressed a post on the Yerushalem VI regional message board.
- 6 days ago: Vultopia changed its national leader to "Captain Cobeck", its motto to "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.", and its nation type to "Galactic Empire".