The Confederacy of Vulshain is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by King Samuil Rainard with an even hand, and renowned for its sprawling nuclear power plants, daily referendums, and ubiquitous missile silos. The compassionate, cheerful, devout population of 10.444 billion Vulshainians enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The tiny, socially-minded government is primarily concerned with Education, although Defense and Environment are also considered important, while Spirituality and International Aid receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kitsuniva. The average income tax rate is 3.4%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Vulshainian economy, worth a remarkable 1,607 trillion blue riyals a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 153,958 blue riyals, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Coco the Clown has been elected to the nation's parliament, people reciting Shakespeare have become a common sight, the military is on a massive recruiting drive in advance of an invasion of Brasilistan, and warfare increasingly resembles a video game. Crime is totally unknown. Vulshain's national animal is the fox and wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Celiam Methodism.
Most Recent Government Activity: 9 days ago
- 8 days ago: Following new legislation in Vulshain, warfare increasingly resembles a video game.
- 8 days ago: Following new legislation in Vulshain, the military is on a massive recruiting drive in advance of an invasion of Brasilistan.
- 9 days ago: Vulshain lodged a message on the The East Pacific Regional Message Board.
- 11 days ago: Vulshain was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Pacifist.
- 11 days ago: Vulshain was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Pacifist.
- 16 days ago: Vulshain was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Most Rebellious Youth (last census: Top 5%).
- 18 days ago: Vulshain was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Lowest Overall Tax Burden.
- 18 days ago: Vulshain was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Lowest Overall Tax Burden.
- 21 days ago: Vulshain fell out of the world Top 10% for Lowest Crime Rates.
- 21 days ago: Vulshain fell out of the regional Top 5% for Lowest Crime Rates.