The Confederacy of Vulshain is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by King Samuil Rainard with an even hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, keen interest in outer space, and ubiquitous missile silos. The compassionate, cheerful, devout population of 10.771 billion Vulshainians enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The tiny, socially-minded government is primarily concerned with Education, with Defense also on the agenda, while Spirituality and International Aid are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kitsuniva. The average income tax rate is 3.8%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Vulshainian economy, worth a remarkable 1,686 trillion blue riyals a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 156,571 blue riyals, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The military is slashing spending on conventional arms and diverting it to spending on prosthetic arms, nude art is becoming wildly popular, the nation's air missiles have killed thousands of Brasilistan military personnel, and the Coast Guard is pioneering a quixotic program to train fish. Crime is totally unknown. Vulshain's national animal is the fox and wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Celiam Methodism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Vulshain was endorsed by The Vizier of A Slanted Black Stripe.
- : Vulshain was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- : Vulshain was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Freedom States Republic.
- : Vulshain was endorsed by The Empire of Sun Rosa.
- : Vulshain was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Scandinavian Liberal Paradise".
- : Following new legislation in Vulshain, the Coast Guard is pioneering a quixotic program to train fish.
- : Following new legislation in Vulshain, the nation's air missiles have killed thousands of Brasilistan military personnel.
- : Following new legislation in Vulshain, nude art is becoming wildly popular.
- : Vulshain was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Rebellious Youth (last census: Top 1%).
- : Vulshain was reclassified from "Scandinavian Liberal Paradise" to "Democratic Socialists".