The Confederacy of Vulshain is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by King Samuil Rainard with an even hand, and remarkable for its smutty television, keen interest in outer space, and complete absence of social welfare. The compassionate, cheerful, devout population of 9.934 billion Vulshainians enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The tiny, socially-minded government is primarily concerned with Education, although Defense and Environment are also considered important, while Spirituality and Administration are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kitsuniva. The average income tax rate is 3.2%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Vulshainian economy, worth a remarkable 1,517 trillion blue riyals a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 152,725 blue riyals, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The government now pays the "Really Awesome Super Heroes" (RASH) to catch evildoers, coalition governments are essential to passing new laws, major cities shut down as their local sports team takes to the field every day, and billions of blue riyals are being blown on orbital weapons development. Crime is totally unknown. Vulshain's national animal is the fox and wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Celiam Methodism.
Most Recent Government Activity: 22 days ago
- 22 hours ago: Vulshain was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Scandinavian Liberal Paradise".
- 3 days 21 hours ago: Vulshain fell out of the regional Top 5% for Largest Manufacturing Sector.
- 6 days ago: Vulshain was endorsed by The Sacrosanct Delegate of Ramaeus.
- 7 days ago: Vulshain was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements (last census: Top 1%).
- 7 days ago: Vulshain was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most World Assembly Endorsements (last census: Top 5%).
- 12 days ago: Vulshain fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector.
- 12 days ago: Vulshain was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- 14 days ago: Vulshain fell out of the world Top 5% for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 14 days ago: Vulshain fell out of the regional Top 5% for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 15 days ago: Vulshain was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Largest Cheese Export Sector (last census: Top 5%).