The Confederacy of Vulshain is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by King Samuil Rainard with an even hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, anti-smoking policies, and complete absence of social welfare. The compassionate, cheerful, devout population of 12.865 billion Vulshainians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The tiny, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kitsuniva. The average income tax rate is 7.2%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Vulshainian economy, worth a remarkable 2,079 trillion blue riyals a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Cheese Exports. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 161,623 blue riyals, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Election results are often delayed for weeks to count the expat votes, a girl's success in life is often linked to her performance in beauty pageants, Kitsuniva's main city thoroughfare has been blocked by a row of leyland cypresses that mysteriously appeared overnight, and King Samuil Rainard's latest speech included a bizarre reference to MaxWow incontinence pads being 50% more absorbent than the next leading brand. Crime is totally unknown. Vulshain's national animal is the fox and wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Celiam Methodism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Vulshain was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Average Incomes.
- : Vulshain was endorsed by The United Provinces of Southern Yugoslavia.
- : Vulshain was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Efficient Economies and Largest Populations.
- : Vulshain was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Best Weather.
- : Vulshain was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Vulshain was endorsed by The The Grand Holy Bar Stool of McStooley.
- : Vulshain was endorsed by The People's Republic of Goodnamesarerare.
- : Vulshain was endorsed by The Kingdom of Kaigi.
- : Vulshain was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Vulshain was endorsed by The What of Todd McCloud.