“Non omnia possumus omnes (but we do our best!)”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Handshaker
The Order of Voxum Mortalum is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by The Grand Master with a fair hand, and notable for its hatred of cheese. The compassionate, intelligent population of 14.215 billion Mortalumians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Welfare, and the Environment. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Darkspace. The average income tax rate is 100%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Organ donation rates are among the lowest in the region, a ban on unsolicited cold calling in all forms is in effect, the government helps teach children how to kill a man from six paces, and government-run screening operations remove embryos with severe genetic disorders. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Voxum Mortalum's national animal is the Undead Lion, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is immortalism, and its currency is the mortalia.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 6 hours ago
- 20 hours ago: Voxum Mortalum was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 22 hours ago: Following new legislation in Voxum Mortalum, government-run screening operations remove embryos with severe genetic disorders.
- 22 hours ago: Following new legislation in Voxum Mortalum, the government helps teach children how to kill a man from six paces.
- 1 day 6 hours ago: Voxum Mortalum voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Rules of Surrender".
- 2 days 9 hours ago: Voxum Mortalum endorsed The Republic of Zeebstein.
- 2 days 10 hours ago: Following new legislation in Voxum Mortalum, a ban on unsolicited cold calling in all forms is in effect.
- 2 days 16 hours ago: Voxum Mortalum was endorsed by The Republic of Zeebstein.
- 2 days 21 hours ago: Voxum Mortalum was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most World Assembly Endorsements (last census: Top 5%).
- 2 days 22 hours ago: Following new legislation in Voxum Mortalum, organ donation rates are among the lowest in the region.
- 3 days 10 hours ago: Following new legislation in Voxum Mortalum, students are known to arrive at school in their pyjamas.
Endorsements Received: 64 » Alsted, Short shorts, Jenesia, Tigyland, Eurosceptic Citizens, Valrem, Stromia, Nuweland, Venetoland, Lexembourg, South Cowland, The City-State of Vienna, Ascara, Kroinengin, Fenian Provinces, Drenetharada, Beauvoir, Chiolena, Indulgence and Ecstasy, Toongoosia, Echo von Cotta, The Seven Provinces, Outer Prussia, Nova Prutenia, Keris, New France of Silvius Bonaparte, Grasaland, Jon4de85, Carswellia, Multatuli, Glatonia, Foucaults garden, Dauershire, The Armed Socialist Workers Syndicate, Marmiedon, Sybaritic Socialists, An Clar, Kaiserusse, Turukelia, Lenis, Ecclestia, Horreum, Norse German Federation, Unicorania, Dirz, Pileusia, Veeten Engines, Durrenmoss, Pantoufle, Krason, and 14 others.Yvone, Fauzjhia, IB kingdom, Daircoill, Confederate United America, Wukanda, Wintermountain, Canopytown, Bohomo, The Neural Zone Armed Fraktion, Novo Portugal, Patcharas, Axtro-Saxonia, and Zeebstein.