“Non omnia possumus omnes (but we do our best!)”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Truckler
The Order of Voxum Mortalum is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by The Grand Master with a fair hand, and remarkable for its punitive income tax rates. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 12.356 billion are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whoever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Welfare, and the Environment. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Darkspace. The average income tax rate is 100%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Voxum Mortalum successfully hosted the Europe Olympics, teenagers across the country are celebrating the defeat of a national curfew bill, elections have become procedural nightmares due to voters persistently rejecting candidates, and the government pours millions of mortalias into rehabilitation programs annually. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Voxum Mortalum's national animal is the Undead Lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is immortalism, and its currency is the mortalia.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 2 hours ago
- 2 days 23 hours ago: Voxum Mortalum voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Right to Adequate Shelter".
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Voxum Mortalum, the government pours millions of mortalias into rehabilitation programs annually.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Voxum Mortalum, elections have become procedural nightmares due to voters persistently rejecting candidates.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Voxum Mortalum, teenagers across the country are celebrating the defeat of a national curfew bill.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Voxum Mortalum, Voxum Mortalum successfully hosted the Europe Olympics.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Voxum Mortalum, the government's religious works are headed by a New Age guru.
- 8 days ago: Voxum Mortalum voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Cultural Heritage Protection"".
- 8 days ago: Voxum Mortalum endorsed The Freeland of Ancient Dacia.
- 8 days ago: Voxum Mortalum was endorsed by The Freeland of Ancient Dacia.
- 11 days ago: Following new legislation in Voxum Mortalum, the fire protection service is wholly government-funded.
Endorsements Received: 72 » Alsted, Short shorts, Jenesia, Tigyland, Eurosceptic Citizens, Capricania, Valrem, Stromia, Nuweland, Saconian, Venetoland, Nou Occitania, Lexembourg, Puerto Thelosia, South Cowland, The City-State of Vienna, Castanos, Ascara, Kroinengin, Fenian Provinces, Drenetharada, Beauvoir, Chiolena, Indulgence and Ecstasy, Ivernia, The Kingdom of Germania, Toongoosia, Echo von Cotta, Blue Pig, The Seven Provinces, Ravenstein, Outer Prussia, Norway and Iceland, Nova Prutenia, Pileusia, Keris, New France of Silvius Bonaparte, Sahrath, Grasaland, Jon4de85, Scorjthaal, Carswellia, Multatuli, Imadistan, Glatonia, Greater Konigsberg, Burgundaya, Bylantia, New Brussland, Artotzka, and 22 others.The Roman Imperial Republic, Strajalands, Foucaults garden, Prussia Bavaria Saxony and Wurttemberg, Puteren, The Roman Alliance, Dauershire, The Armed Socialist Workers Syndicate, Pesaro and Urbino, Marmiedon, Sybaritic Socialists, Ansington, Domanouq, Each-Uisge, Portugal and Islands, Sperostet, Democratic Republic of Shala, Temistocles, An Clar, Kaiserusse, Stato Mentale di Monza e Brianza II, and Ancient Dacia.