“Non omnia possumus omnes (but we do our best!)”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Truckler
The Order of Voxum Mortalum is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by The Grand Master with a fair hand, and notable for its complete lack of prisons. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 12.885 billion are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whoever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Welfare, and the Environment. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Darkspace. The average income tax rate is 100%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
The art of conversation has been rediscovered, prices for nearly everything reach all time highs as business subsidies are discontinued, anti-government web sites are springing up, and conductors wield diamond-encrusted batons to fit in with their freshly gilded surroundings. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Voxum Mortalum's national animal is the Undead Lion, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is immortalism, and its currency is the mortalia.
Most Recent Government Activity: 17 hours ago
- 7 hours ago: Voxum Mortalum was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Developed (last census: Top 5%).
- 17 hours ago: Voxum Mortalum voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Right to Adequate Sanitation".
- 2 days 23 hours ago: Voxum Mortalum endorsed The Republic of Slouzie.
- 4 days ago: Voxum Mortalum was endorsed by The Republic of Slouzie.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Voxum Mortalum, conductors wield diamond-encrusted batons to fit in with their freshly gilded surroundings.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Voxum Mortalum, anti-government web sites are springing up.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Voxum Mortalum, prices for nearly everything reach all time highs as business subsidies are discontinued.
- 8 days ago: Following new legislation in Voxum Mortalum, the art of conversation has been rediscovered.
- 8 days ago: Following new legislation in Voxum Mortalum, major cities shut down as their local sports team takes to the field every day.
- 8 days ago: Following new legislation in Voxum Mortalum, euthanasia is legal.
Endorsements Received: 64 » Alsted, Short shorts, Jenesia, Tigyland, Eurosceptic Citizens, Capricania, Valrem, Stromia, Nuweland, Saconian, Venetoland, Nou Occitania, Lexembourg, Puerto Thelosia, South Cowland, The City-State of Vienna, Castanos, Ascara, Kroinengin, Fenian Provinces, Drenetharada, Beauvoir, Chiolena, Indulgence and Ecstasy, Ivernia, Toongoosia, Echo von Cotta, The Seven Provinces, Outer Prussia, Nova Prutenia, Pileusia, Keris, New France of Silvius Bonaparte, Grasaland, Jon4de85, Scorjthaal, Carswellia, Multatuli, Glatonia, Greater Konigsberg, Bylantia, The Roman Imperial Republic, Foucaults garden, Dauershire, The Armed Socialist Workers Syndicate, Pesaro and Urbino, Marmiedon, Sybaritic Socialists, Domanouq, Each-Uisge, and 14 others.Temistocles, An Clar, Kaiserusse, Stato Mentale di Monza e Brianza II, Novo Portugal, Monance, Hamland, Vanbrugh, Faery Land, Giuseppe Verdi, Zeckland, Turukelia, Welsh Valley, and Slouzie.