The Order of Voxum Mortalum is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by The Grand Master with a fair hand, and notable for its national health service, anti-smoking policies, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 16.653 billion Mortalumians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The relatively small, outspoken government prioritizes Education, although Welfare, Environment, and Healthcare are also considered important, while Defense and Spirituality are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Darkspace. The average income tax rate is 41.1%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Voxum Mortalumian economy, worth a remarkable 2,606 trillion mortalias a year, is extremely specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 156,540 mortalias, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
A ban on unsolicited cold calling in all forms is in effect, tax rises are attributed to divine will, Darkspace is a police state during international summits, and unpopular cops are fired at a moment's notice by the citizens they police. Crime is totally unknown. Voxum Mortalum's national animal is the Undead Lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is immortalism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Voxum Mortalum, unpopular cops are fired at a moment's notice by the citizens they police.
- : Following new legislation in Voxum Mortalum, Darkspace is a police state during international summits.
- : Following new legislation in Voxum Mortalum, tax rises are attributed to divine will.
- : Following new legislation in Voxum Mortalum, a ban on unsolicited cold calling in all forms is in effect.
- : Voxum Mortalum was reclassified from "Liberal Democratic Socialists" to "Left-wing Utopia".
- : Following new legislation in Voxum Mortalum, getting a abortion takes less hassle than writing a letter.
- : Following new legislation in Voxum Mortalum, convicted murderers are free to walk the streets provided they attend rehabilitation classes.
- : Voxum Mortalum was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- : Following new legislation in Voxum Mortalum, mollycoddled youths run the country.
- : Following new legislation in Voxum Mortalum, dog breeding has been banned in accordance with recent animal experimentation laws.
Endorsements Received: 112 » Mousebumples, Archology, Marnuvia, Precisely Nothing, Aevana, The Rebublic of Nyx, The Knights who say Neee, Nippluania, Apto, Fartsoundia, Saint-Justin, Nornlandiah, The United Yognaughts, Athorack, Tomaenia, FedRabbistan, Fifthland, Katkasistan, Gotten, Trollfaceia, La union de las republicas americanas, Paulotzia, Italios, United-Marrshmallows, Ice Hellion, Cerusa, Glorious Britannian Empire, Haleytinium, Bakilior, Etyria, Fionima, Sri Lankan Caliphate, Balkania Corp, Caterasia, Meropis, NGC 6543, Poquaoi, The Roman City-States, Restivar, Samuelstani, TheAnton, Sartaria, Kiosland, Eloscape, Fandavia, Arwanezh, Great Eldaria, Cerynthia, Kuramia, GraVandius, and 62 others.Larck Fad, Aleixus, Georges Danton, Aexnidaral, Rusland Federati, Korbinas, Teddyville, Cortlandt Manor, Black Orchids, Islamic Republic Of Aceh, Malashaan Colony, Arkdia, SingGlobal, Paredonia, Ijr Enjoo, Barlands, Trinnien, Adveniat regnum, Iswhanda, Gordio, Canis Mayorus, Catochristoferson, Ossonnoba, Scrantonicity, Mavericks Chance, Schonberge, New Lambodia, Haydia, MrAustero, Yngaevonia, Klopsburg, Athenalion, SerLizar, Consol Energy, Vultachia, Mornwood City, Swaggoland, Yavelyria, The Allied Americas, Sphekix, Tunesus, The United Socialist Republic of Datlof, Sinux, Unrepresented Peoples, Mediocris Imperium, Digizone, Carilsee, Yevata, Colenium, Geekus, Dark Templar, The Republic of Extreme Fairness, Gwithyas Kernewek, Professor Magic, Haagland, Gooutofhere, Nova Germany, Benzytes, Miasmador, The Heavenly Commonwealth, The Argentinean Empire, and JLand of the Free.