“Non omnia possumus omnes (but we do our best!)”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Handshaker
The Order of Voxum Mortalum is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by The Grand Master with a fair hand, and renowned for its restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, intelligent population of 14.236 billion Mortalumians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Welfare, and the Environment. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Darkspace. The average income tax rate is 100%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Torture is illegal, crime suspects are forced to submit to blood testing, Voxum Mortalum's famous countrysides are shrouded by wind farms, and politicians are often found scavenging bins at night to supplement their income. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Voxum Mortalum's national animal is the Undead Lion, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is immortalism, and its currency is the mortalia.
Most Recent Government Activity: 15 hours ago
- 5 hours ago: Following new legislation in Voxum Mortalum, politicians are often found scavenging bins at night to supplement their income.
- 5 hours ago: Following new legislation in Voxum Mortalum, Voxum Mortalum's famous countrysides are shrouded by wind farms.
- 5 hours ago: Following new legislation in Voxum Mortalum, crime suspects are forced to submit to blood testing.
- 2 days 5 hours ago: Following new legislation in Voxum Mortalum, torture is illegal.
- 2 days 17 hours ago: Following new legislation in Voxum Mortalum, airport security is provided by private companies.
- 4 days ago: Voxum Mortalum was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Voxum Mortalum, government-run screening operations remove embryos with severe genetic disorders.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Voxum Mortalum, the government helps teach children how to kill a man from six paces.
- 4 days ago: Voxum Mortalum voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Rules of Surrender".
- 5 days ago: Voxum Mortalum endorsed The Republic of Zeebstein.
Endorsements Received: 63 » Alsted, Short shorts, Jenesia, Tigyland, Eurosceptic Citizens, Valrem, Stromia, Nuweland, Venetoland, Lexembourg, South Cowland, The City-State of Vienna, Ascara, Kroinengin, Fenian Provinces, Drenetharada, Beauvoir, Chiolena, Indulgence and Ecstasy, Toongoosia, Echo von Cotta, The Seven Provinces, Outer Prussia, Nova Prutenia, Keris, New France of Silvius Bonaparte, Grasaland, Jon4de85, Carswellia, Multatuli, Glatonia, Foucaults garden, Dauershire, The Armed Socialist Workers Syndicate, Marmiedon, Sybaritic Socialists, An Clar, Kaiserusse, Turukelia, Lenis, Ecclestia, Horreum, Norse German Federation, Unicorania, Dirz, Pileusia, Veeten Engines, Durrenmoss, Pantoufle, Krason, and 13 others.Yvone, Fauzjhia, IB kingdom, Daircoill, Confederate United America, Wukanda, Canopytown, Bohomo, The Neural Zone Armed Fraktion, Novo Portugal, Patcharas, Axtro-Saxonia, and Zeebstein.