“Non omnia possumus omnes (but we do our best!)”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Order of Voxum Mortalum is a gargantuan, economically powerful nation, ruled by The Grand Master with a fair hand, and remarkable for its restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, intelligent population of 14.45 billion Mortalumians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, liberal, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Welfare, and the Environment. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Darkspace. The average income tax rate is 100%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
The nation has an international reputation for compassion, the mining industry is making inroads into environmentally sensitive areas, students cut up leftover mortalias during Arts and Crafts, and all forms of advertising are banned. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Voxum Mortalum's national animal is the Undead Lion, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is immortalism, and its currency is the mortalia.
Most Recent Government Activity: 18 hours ago
- 18 hours ago: Voxum Mortalum endorsed The Hierarchical Meritocracy of Shadowtech Demons.
- 1 day ago: Following new legislation in Voxum Mortalum, all forms of advertising are banned.
- 1 day 16 hours ago: Voxum Mortalum endorsed The United States of The Knights who say Neee.
- 1 day 23 hours ago: Voxum Mortalum was endorsed by The United States of The Knights who say Neee.
- 2 days ago: Following new legislation in Voxum Mortalum, students cut up leftover mortalias during Arts and Crafts.
- 2 days 23 hours ago: Voxum Mortalum was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Highest Police Ratios.
- 3 days ago: Following new legislation in Voxum Mortalum, the mining industry is making inroads into environmentally sensitive areas.
- 3 days ago: Following new legislation in Voxum Mortalum, the nation has an international reputation for compassion.
- 3 days 4 hours ago: Voxum Mortalum voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Foreign Patent Recognition".
- 3 days 19 hours ago: Voxum Mortalum endorsed The Kingdom of Fortia.
Endorsements Received: 19 » Mousebumples, Archology, Dotana, United Republic of the Crusaders, Marnuvia, Cortuilera, DDAHK, Pixelistan, Precisely Nothing, Truog, Aevana, Callie Wallie, Atlantea22, Eneremis, Trevania, Ibo-Biafra, The Rebublic of Nyx, Fortia, and The Knights who say Neee.