“Non omnia possumus omnes (but we do our best!)”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Truckler
The Order of Voxum Mortalum is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by The Grand Master with a fair hand, and remarkable for its keen interest in outer space. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 11.141 billion are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whoever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Welfare, and the Environment. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Darkspace. The average income tax rate is 100%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Orphanages are closing their doors as the government forces parents to actually raise their children, all forms of advertising are banned, the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller, and scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Voxum Mortalum's national animal is the Undead Lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is immortalism, and its currency is the mortalia.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 18 hours ago
- 1 day 13 hours ago: Following new legislation in Voxum Mortalum, scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes.
- 1 day 18 hours ago: Voxum Mortalum voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Chemical Weapons Convention".
- 1 day 18 hours ago: Voxum Mortalum endorsed The Kingdom of The United Roman Socialist Kingdom.
- 1 day 18 hours ago: Voxum Mortalum endorsed The High Kingdom of Warre.
- 1 day 18 hours ago: Voxum Mortalum endorsed The Republic of FurryFandom.
- 4 days ago: Voxum Mortalum was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Income Equality.
- 4 days ago: Voxum Mortalum fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Income Equality.
- 6 days ago: Voxum Mortalum was endorsed by The High Kingdom of Warre.
- 6 days ago: Voxum Mortalum was endorsed by The Kingdom of The United Roman Socialist Kingdom.
- 6 days ago: Voxum Mortalum was endorsed by The Republic of FurryFandom.
Endorsements Received: 83 (Alsted, Short shorts, Jenesia, Dogfish Head 90 Minute, Tigyland, Eurosceptic Citizens, Capricania, Valrem, Stromia, Escapos, Nuweland, Saconian, Venetoland, Nou Occitania, Alsacia Lorraine, Lexembourg, Puerto Thelosia, Gortagass, South Cowland, Isle of Kesha, The City-State of Vienna, Castanos, Flooderai, Ascara, An Clar, Kroinengin, Screrefennae, Fenian Provinces, Drenetharada, Unified Provinces, Beauvoir, Chiolena, Alpha and Delta Pact, Otterner, Auttumn, Guanda, Franco-Philia, Chavaria, Swanmori, The Old English Order, Indulgence and Ecstasy, Ivernia, The Kingdom of Germania, Toongoosia, Echo von Cotta, Blue Pig, Nova Res Publica Romanorum, Kingdom Of Brendkurk, The Seven Provinces, Minardi, Ravenstein, Fradonia, Outer Prussia, Norway and Iceland, Romarctul, Nova Prutenia, United Federation of the World, La Nueva Madrid, Pileusia, United Countries, Republica Ocidental de Roma, United states of Baltic, Northegland, Keris, Calacstein, New France of Silvius Bonaparte, Sahrath, Grasaland, The House of Rothschild, Lapidotia, Danworld, Uieurnthlaal, Coviland, Deux Imperium Romanum, The Fair Republic, Jon4de85, Sauv, Socialist Gatavia, Camilus, Scorjthaal, FurryFandom, The United Roman Socialist Kingdom, Warre)