“Non omnia possumus omnes (but we do our best!)”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Truckler
The Order of Voxum Mortalum is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by The Grand Master with a fair hand, and renowned for its devotion to social welfare. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 13.117 billion love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Welfare, and the Environment. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Darkspace. The average income tax rate is 100%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
It is mandatory to learn evolution in schools, every product goes through extensive safety-testing by the government, schools have extensive counseling programs for troubled students, and the national guard is mobilized whenever a mother gets separated from her child at the mall. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Voxum Mortalum's national animal is the Undead Lion, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is immortalism, and its currency is the mortalia.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 days 6 hours ago
- 2 days ago: Voxum Mortalum was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of Athos and Byzantium.
- 2 days 21 hours ago: Voxum Mortalum was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Ecclestia.
- 3 days ago: Following new legislation in Voxum Mortalum, the national guard is mobilized whenever a mother gets separated from her child at the mall.
- 3 days ago: Following new legislation in Voxum Mortalum, schools have extensive counseling programs for troubled students.
- 3 days ago: Following new legislation in Voxum Mortalum, every product goes through extensive safety-testing by the government.
- 3 days ago: Following new legislation in Voxum Mortalum, it is mandatory to learn evolution in schools.
- 4 days ago: Voxum Mortalum fell out of the world Top 5% for Most Politically Free.
- 4 days ago: Voxum Mortalum fell out of the regional Top 5% for Most Politically Free.
- 14 days ago: Following new legislation in Voxum Mortalum, discarded pennies litter the streets.
- 14 days ago: Following new legislation in Voxum Mortalum, the nation's soldiers are considered the best-dressed in Europe.
Endorsements Received: 64 » Alsted, Short shorts, Jenesia, Tigyland, Eurosceptic Citizens, Capricania, Valrem, Stromia, Nuweland, Venetoland, Nou Occitania, Lexembourg, Puerto Thelosia, South Cowland, The City-State of Vienna, Ascara, Kroinengin, Fenian Provinces, Drenetharada, Beauvoir, Chiolena, Indulgence and Ecstasy, Ivernia, Toongoosia, Echo von Cotta, The Seven Provinces, Outer Prussia, Nova Prutenia, Pileusia, Keris, New France of Silvius Bonaparte, Grasaland, Jon4de85, Scorjthaal, Carswellia, Multatuli, Glatonia, Greater Konigsberg, Bylantia, The Roman Imperial Republic, Foucaults garden, Dauershire, The Armed Socialist Workers Syndicate, Marmiedon, Sybaritic Socialists, Each-Uisge, Temistocles, An Clar, Kaiserusse, Novo Portugal, and 14 others.Monance, Hamland, Vanbrugh, Faery Land, Turukelia, Welsh Valley, Slouzie, Eicant, The United Azorean States, Lenis, Liltow, Chervyshka, Ecclestia, and Athos and Byzantium.