The Order of Voxum Mortalum is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by The Grand Master with a fair hand, and remarkable for its daily referendums, complete lack of prisons, and rampant corporate plagiarism. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 15.204 billion Mortalumians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded, outspoken morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Darkspace. The income tax rate is 100%.
The frighteningly efficient Voxum Mortalumian economy, worth a remarkable 4,615 trillion mortalias a year, is extremely specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an amazing 303,583 mortalias, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The new Refuse Hills housing development is under construction, postmen have been arrested in job lots for selling junk mail as home insulation, the new 'Things We Stole From Other Countries' exhibition at the National Museum of Antiquities is a hit, and the state auctions off combat drones to fund war reparations. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Voxum Mortalum's national animal is the Undead Lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is immortalism.
Most Recent Government Activity: 22 hours ago
- 1 day ago: Following new legislation in Voxum Mortalum, the state auctions off combat drones to fund war reparations.
- 1 day ago: Following new legislation in Voxum Mortalum, the new 'Things We Stole From Other Countries' exhibition at the National Museum of Antiquities is a hit.
- 1 day ago: Following new legislation in Voxum Mortalum, postmen have been arrested in job lots for selling junk mail as home insulation.
- 1 day 3 hours ago: Voxum Mortalum voted for the World Assembly Resolution "On Scientific Cooperation".
- 1 day 10 hours ago: Voxum Mortalum was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Most Popular Tourist Destinations (last census: #1).
- 2 days ago: Following new legislation in Voxum Mortalum, the new Refuse Hills housing development is under construction.
- 2 days ago: Following new legislation in Voxum Mortalum, Voxum Mortalum's free colleges struggle to maintain standards in the face of overwhelming demand.
- 2 days ago: Following new legislation in Voxum Mortalum, there have been sightings of people walking around dressed in nothing but leopard-skin g-strings for 'religious reasons'.
- 3 days 12 hours ago: Following new legislation in Voxum Mortalum, inheritance tax has recently been abolished.
- 3 days 12 hours ago: Following new legislation in Voxum Mortalum, consumption of cat memes has skyrocketed.
Endorsements Received: 58 » Mousebumples, Archology, United Republic of the Crusaders, Marnuvia, Cortuilera, DDAHK, Pixelistan, Precisely Nothing, Aevana, Trevania, Ibo-Biafra, The Rebublic of Nyx, The Knights who say Neee, Barlands, Nippluania, Apto, Fartsoundia, Parasardine, QuinnPenney, The Western Kolb Republic, Daienti, Syxx9Core, Saint-Justin, Lyubochka, Nornlandiah, The United Yognaughts, Cool Spring, Free Trade Land 2, Athorack, Tomaenia, Jaccardistan, The democratic empire, Aquilarias, Peoples Republic of Xabia, FedRabbistan, Starstream Tribe, Fifthland, Katkasistan, Gotten, Raxus Prime IV, Ukranburg, Avenderia, Dogger Land, Fenrir Forest, Lhinden, Trollfaceia, United States of the Black Sea, Dyre, Frihetland, La union de las republicas americanas, and 8 others.Costa Deresia, The Territories of Mega City One, Philytopia, North Tandahar, Paulotzia, Italios, Rist Stone, and United-Marrshmallows.