The Order of Voxum Mortalum is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by The Grand Master with a fair hand, and remarkable for its national health service, sprawling nuclear power plants, and ubiquitous missile silos. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 15.31 billion Mortalumians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded, outspoken morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Darkspace. The income tax rate is 100%.
The frighteningly efficient Voxum Mortalumian economy, worth a remarkable 4,657 trillion mortalias a year, is extremely specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an amazing 304,214 mortalias, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The automotive industry soaks up huge government handouts, a new generation of aquariumless hotels are being built under government supervision, skateboarding is considered a form of diplomacy, and photographers can be found hiding behind the curtains in The Grand Master's bedroom. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Voxum Mortalum's national animal is the Undead Lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is immortalism.
Most Recent Government Activity: 7 hours ago
- 2 minutes ago: Voxum Mortalum was endorsed by The Empire of Duckiv.
- 1 day 3 hours ago: Following new legislation in Voxum Mortalum, photographers can be found hiding behind the curtains in The Grand Master's bedroom.
- 1 day 12 hours ago: Voxum Mortalum endorsed The Federation of Haleytinium.
- 1 day 12 hours ago: Voxum Mortalum was endorsed by The Federation of Haleytinium.
- 1 day 15 hours ago: Following new legislation in Voxum Mortalum, skateboarding is considered a form of diplomacy.
- 2 days 3 hours ago: Following new legislation in Voxum Mortalum, a new generation of aquariumless hotels are being built under government supervision.
- 2 days 15 hours ago: Following new legislation in Voxum Mortalum, the automotive industry soaks up huge government handouts.
- 2 days 15 hours ago: Following new legislation in Voxum Mortalum, tax rises are attributed to divine will.
- 2 days 15 hours ago: Following new legislation in Voxum Mortalum, bus ads propagandize causes ranging from sexual revolution to religious pogroms.
- 2 days 23 hours ago: Voxum Mortalum endorsed The Holy Empire of Glorious Britannian Empire.
Endorsements Received: 63 » Mousebumples, Archology, United Republic of the Crusaders, Marnuvia, Cortuilera, DDAHK, Pixelistan, Precisely Nothing, Aevana, Trevania, Ibo-Biafra, The Rebublic of Nyx, The Knights who say Neee, Barlands, Nippluania, Apto, Fartsoundia, Parasardine, QuinnPenney, The Western Kolb Republic, Daienti, Syxx9Core, Saint-Justin, Lyubochka, Nornlandiah, The United Yognaughts, Cool Spring, Free Trade Land 2, Athorack, Tomaenia, Jaccardistan, The democratic empire, Aquilarias, Peoples Republic of Xabia, FedRabbistan, Starstream Tribe, Fifthland, Katkasistan, Gotten, Avenderia, Dogger Land, Fenrir Forest, Lhinden, Trollfaceia, United States of the Black Sea, Dyre, Frihetland, La union de las republicas americanas, Costa Deresia, The Territories of Mega City One, and 13 others.Philytopia, North Tandahar, Paulotzia, Italios, Rist Stone, United-Marrshmallows, Ice Hellion, Cerusa, Elanore, Taniopai, Glorious Britannian Empire, Haleytinium, and Duckiv.