“We survive today , to live tomorrow”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Federal Republic of Vogue Land is a colossal, efficient nation, notable for its sprawling nuclear power plants, restrictive gun laws, and museums and concert halls. The democratic population of 5.164 billion Vogue Landians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Social Policy. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Nuova sagntha-Antverpia Fortunata. The average income tax rate is 69.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Vogue Landian economy, worth 675 trillion Vands a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Soda Sales, and Woodchip Exports. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 130,796 Vands, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
An increasing percentage of the population's youth have homosexual parents, Members of Parliament operate under a PAYE scheme, Vogue Land is notorious for its citizens' infidelity, and protests are legal but strictly supervised. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Vogue Land's national animal is the Fish, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 20 hours ago
- 3 days 1 hour ago: Following new legislation in Vogue Land, protests are legal but strictly supervised.
- 3 days 1 hour ago: Following new legislation in Vogue Land, Vogue Land is notorious for its citizens' infidelity.
- 3 days 1 hour ago: Following new legislation in Vogue Land, Members of Parliament operate under a PAYE scheme.
- 3 days 8 hours ago: Vogue Land changed its national capital to "Nuova sagntha-Antverpia Fortunata".
- 3 days 8 hours ago: Vogue Land altered its national flag.
- 3 days 9 hours ago: Vogue Land was refounded in Osiris.
- 82 days ago: Vogue Land ceased to exist.
- 85 days ago: Vogue Land was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Rebellious Youth (last census: Top 10%).
- 86 days ago: Vogue Land was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Mining Sector.
- 90 days ago: Vogue Land was struck by a Cure Missile from The United Kingdoms of The Lancerian Empire, curing 7 million infected.