“Every Man a King”
|Category: Scandinavian Liberal Paradise|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Free State of Voerdeland is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by President Abel Thiers with an even hand, and remarkable for its unlimited-speed roads. Its hard-nosed, intelligent population of 7.877 billion enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, liberal government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Social Equality. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Beaufort. The average income tax rate is 70%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Book Publishing industry, followed by Tourism and Gambling.
Space shuttles regularly launch rubbish into space, scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes, an increasing percentage of the population's youth have homosexual parents, and all forms of advertising are banned. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is moderate, and the police force struggles against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Voerdeland's national animal is the Narwhal, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Christianity, and its currency is the Shilling.
Most Recent Government Activity: 6 hours ago
- 6 days ago: Voerdeland was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Smartest Citizens.
- 11 days ago: Voerdeland was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Happiest Citizens (last census: Top 10%).
- 11 days ago: Voerdeland was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Happiest Citizens.
- 11 days ago: Voerdeland altered its national flag.
- 12 days ago: Voerdeland was refounded.
- 17 days ago: Voerdeland ceased to exist.
- 18 days ago: Voerdeland was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Happiest Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- 32 days ago: Voerdeland fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 36 days ago: Voerdeland was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 41 days ago: Voerdeland was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Developed.