“You shall feel the pain we suffered”
|Category: Compulsory Consumerist State|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: Cat Burglars
The Grand Duchy of Vladisvok Destino is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Dreadlord Destino with an iron fist, and remarkable for its punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 3.701 billion Vladisvok Destinoans are rabid consumers, partly through choice and partly because the government tells them to and dissenters tend to vanish from their homes at night.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Law & Order, and Healthcare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Cocytus. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 56%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, followed by Uranium Mining and Woodchip Exports.
Diplomats in Vladisvok Destino are furious at constant police surveillance, the armed forces are locked in an expensive and bloody war abroad to stamp out possible terrorists, waste is frequently shipped to other countries, and the alarmingly racist TV show 'Bigtopians Say the Darndest Things' is a hit. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Vladisvok Destino's national animal is the Dragon, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, its national religion is AbbehSphereism, and its currency is the Soul.
Most Recent Government Activity: 5 days ago
- 5 days ago: Vladisvok Destino lodged a message on the Cat Burglars Regional Message Board.
- 5 days ago: Vladisvok Destino relocated from Lazarus to Cat Burglars.
- 5 days ago: Vladisvok Destino altered its national flag.
- 5 days ago: Vladisvok Destino was refounded in Lazarus.
- 19 days ago: Vladisvok Destino ceased to exist.
- 61 days ago: Vladisvok Destino fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Defense Forces.
- 74 days ago: Vladisvok Destino altered its national flag.
- 74 days ago: Vladisvok Destino was refounded in Osiris.
- 171 days ago: Vladisvok Destino ceased to exist.
- 174 days ago: Vladisvok Destino was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Mining Sector.