“By my hand.”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Dictatorship of Vivedin is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Tarmo Bergeron with an iron fist, and renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 2.604 billion Vivedinians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The tiny government prioritizes Industry, although Education, Healthcare, and Defense are also considered important, while Spirituality and Welfare are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Arsburg. The average income tax rate is 5.5%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Vivedinian economy, worth 278 trillion electrums a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Soda Sales, and Gambling. Black market activity is notable. Average income is an impressive 107,086 electrums, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.7 times as much as the poorest.
The military invades any neighboring nation with the gall to criticize its policies, citizens are allowed to rise or fall based on their own merits, the nation is ravaged by daily union strikes, and recruitment posters proclaim the army to be both fabulous and fashionable. Crime, especially youth-related, is pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. Vivedin's national animal is the owlbear, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Jasdin.
Most Recent Government Activity: 21 hours ago
- 9 hours ago: Vivedin was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Pizza Delivery Sector (last census: Top 10%).
- 10 hours ago: Vivedin was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Pizza Delivery Sector.
- 21 hours ago: Vivedin was refounded in Balder.
- 2 days 23 hours ago: Vivedin ceased to exist.
- 5 days ago: Vivedin was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Fastest-Growing Economies.
- 8 days ago: Vivedin was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Avoided.
- 10 days ago: Vivedin was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- 11 days ago: Vivedin was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Publishing Industry.
- 13 days ago: Vivedin was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Fattest Citizens.
- 14 days ago: Vivedin was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Populations.