“We Think, Therefore We Are.”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Negotiator
The Imperial Domains of Vitsmunir is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Emperor Robert III with an even hand, and renowned for its keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 13.805 billion Vitsians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Social Equality. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Regalis. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 70%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Tourism industry, followed by Book Publishing and Cheese Exports.
Protesters are up in arms over new nuclear power stations, anti-government web sites are springing up, political parties are banned from advertising and receiving private donations, and prisons are crowded with possible terrorist suspects. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Vitsmunir's national animal is the Sabre Tiger, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Vitsian Progressivism, and its currency is the Pound.
Most Recent Government Activity: 7 hours ago
- 7 hours ago: Vitsmunir was reclassified from "Left-Leaning College State" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- 7 hours ago: Following new legislation in Vitsmunir, prisons are crowded with possible terrorist suspects.
- 7 hours ago: Following new legislation in Vitsmunir, political parties are banned from advertising and receiving private donations.
- 7 hours ago: Following new legislation in Vitsmunir, anti-government web sites are springing up.
- 3 days 19 hours ago: Following new legislation in Vitsmunir, protesters are up in arms over new nuclear power stations.
- 4 days ago: Vitsmunir voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Foreign Patent Recognition".
- 4 days ago: Vitsmunir endorsed The Queendom of Genose.
- 4 days ago: Vitsmunir was endorsed by The Queendom of Genose.
- 6 days ago: Vitsmunir was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments (last census: Top 10%).
- 6 days ago: Vitsmunir was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Least Corrupt Governments.