“For What It's Worth”
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Republic of Violet Shiomi is a colossal, economically powerful nation, notable for its complete lack of prisons. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 8.482 billion live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded, liberal, pro-business individuals juggles the competing demands of Commerce, Education, and Law & Order. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 3%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Retail, Soda Sales, and Automobile Manufacturing industries.
Surveillance cameras are banned, X-Files ratings have hit an all-time low, the tenet of free speech is held dear, and fur coats have become the latest fashion trend. Crime is a serious problem, probably because of the country's utter lack of prisons. Violet Shiomi's national animal is the eagle, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the dollar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 52 days ago
- 12 days ago: Violet Shiomi was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Gambling Industry.
- 25 days ago: Violet Shiomi was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Pacifist.
- 37 days ago: Violet Shiomi was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Soda Pop Sector.
- 49 days ago: Violet Shiomi was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector.
- 50 days ago: Violet Shiomi was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Populations.
- 52 days ago: Violet Shiomi relocated from Balder to Banuhal.
- 52 days ago: Violet Shiomi was refounded.
- 107 days ago: Violet Shiomi ceased to exist.
- 146 days ago: Violet Shiomi was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Lowest Overall Tax Burden (last census: Top 10%).
- 161 days ago: Violet Shiomi fell out of the regional Top 5% for Happiest Citizens.