|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Manga Addict of Vingo is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Eternal Vingo with an even hand, and renowned for its keen interest in outer space. Its hard-nosed, hard-working population of 4.158 billion have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Commerce, and Law & Order. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Vinograd. The average income tax rate is 63%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Book Publishing industry, followed by Automobile Manufacturing and Information Technology.
Abortions are routinely performed in Vingo's hospitals, schools have extensive counseling programs for troubled students, the arms industry is backed by government subsidies and harsh anti-protest laws are in place, and the government is spending billions of taxpayer Yens to support the Book Publishing industry. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Vingo's national animal is the Oni, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, its national religion is Cult of Vingo, and its currency is the Yen.
Most Recent Government Activity: 23 days ago
- 7 days ago: Vingo was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Smartest Citizens.
- 7 days ago: Vingo was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Smartest Citizens.
- 16 days ago: Vingo was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Avoided.
- 16 days ago: Vingo was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Avoided.
- 25 days ago: Following new legislation in Vingo, the government is spending billions of taxpayer Yens to support the Book Publishing industry.
- 25 days ago: Following new legislation in Vingo, the arms industry is backed by government subsidies and harsh anti-protest laws are in place.
- 26 days ago: Vingo lodged a message on the Panopticon Regional Message Board.
- 27 days ago: Vingo changed its national currency to "Yen".
- 27 days ago: Vingo changed nation type to "Manga Addict".
- 27 days ago: Vingo altered its national flag.