The Manga Addict of Vingo is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by The Glorious and Eternal Vingo with an even hand, and notable for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, smutty television, and hatred of cheese. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless population of 5.879 billion Vingoans enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The enormous, corrupt, liberal government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Vinograd. The average income tax rate is 74.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Vingoan economy, worth 509 trillion Yen a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology and Arms Manufacturing. Black market activity is rampant. Average income is 86,716 Yen, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.4 times as much as the poorest.
The Glorious and Eternal Vingo's mistress is the belle at many state balls, reporters sent to cover suspected UFO visits come back with stories about quilting bees, the new 'Things We Stole From Other Countries' exhibition at the National Museum of Antiquities is a hit, and children as young as six shock their parents by coming out of the closet. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Vingo's national animal is the Oni-chan, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Cult of the Supreme Immortal Vingo.
Most Recent Government Activity: 10 hours ago
- 4 hours ago: Vingo fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Avoided.
- 18 hours ago: Following new legislation in Vingo, children as young as six shock their parents by coming out of the closet.
- 1 day 2 hours ago: Vingo voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Commend Krulltopia"".
- 1 day 7 hours ago: Vingo lodged a message on the Illuminati Regional Message Board.
- 1 day 11 hours ago: Vingo was endorsed by The Im Watching You Wazowski of Sardine World.
- 1 day 18 hours ago: Following new legislation in Vingo, the new 'Things We Stole From Other Countries' exhibition at the National Museum of Antiquities is a hit.
- 1 day 19 hours ago: Vingo was endorsed by The Theocracy of The Tribe of Issachar.
- 2 days ago: Vingo lodged a message on the Illuminati Regional Message Board.
- 2 days 5 hours ago: Vingo endorsed The Globalist Empire of The Dominion Militia.
- 2 days 5 hours ago: Vingo lodged a message on the Illuminati Regional Message Board.
Endorsements Received: 10 » The Mayonnaise Packet Smashing Union, BrazC, Jalona, AgentValle, Marmiedon, Anathema Armaments, The Coalition of Interstellar States, The Dominion Militia, The Tribe of Issachar, and Sardine World.