“Idiocy is not against the law!”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Vassal
Location: The United League of Nations
The Constitutional Monarchy of Vin Jovi is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by Kevin Booth with an even hand, and notable for its punitive income tax rates. The compassionate population of 5.762 billion Vin Jovians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of the Environment, Law & Order, and Education. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Comedia. The average income tax rate is 79%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
The people are furious with the government for allowing citizens to be executed for petty crimes in foreign countries, people are moving into treehouses in record numbers, all weapon research has been banned, and large sections of Vin Jovi have been named national reserves to protect the native tribes living there. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Vin Jovi's national animal is the Budgie, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Laugh.
Most Recent Government Activity: 15 days ago
- 1 day 9 hours ago: Vin Jovi was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Best Weather (last census: Top 10%).
- 12 days ago: Vin Jovi was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- 14 days ago: Vin Jovi was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- 15 days ago: Vin Jovi's influence in The United League of Nations rose from "Minnow" to "Vassal".
- 23 days ago: Vin Jovi fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Influential.
- 26 days ago: Vin Jovi was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Pacifist.
- 27 days ago: Vin Jovi was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Godforsaken (last census: Top 10%).
- 42 days ago: Vin Jovi was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Longest Average Lifespans.
- 53 days ago: Vin Jovi fell out of the world Top 10% for Nicest Citizens.
- 54 days ago: Vin Jovi was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements (last census: Top 10%).